Thread: [Engaged] Lend a Hand by Becoming a 7 Cups of Tea Volunteer Listener

[Engaged] Lend a Hand by Becoming a 7 Cups of Tea Volunteer Listener

I am pretty new here, but I would like to share a unique opportunity that has helped me to lend a hand by becoming a volunteer listener on 7cups.com. Volunteer listeners can offer emotional support and a compassionate ear to those in distress. It could be a meaningful way for us to connect with others and share the gift of understanding and presence in times of need.

I got more information here: https://www.7cups.com/listener/becom...r-listener.php

Gassho,
    Austin

stlah
    Last edited by Bion; 01-18-2024 at 08:16 AM.

Hi, Austin. Thank you for using this Engaged section of our forum! I have moved your thread into the sub-forum about charities and volunteering opportunities. I hope that’s ok.

Gassho
    Sat and lah
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Thank you, Bion. That is very helpful. I really appreciate it.

Gassho,
    Austin

Stlah

That is a lovely idea. I hadn't heard of 7cups before!

Thank you for sharing, Austin. How do you find the experience?

I am just about to begin volunteer work for a national telephone helpline and looking forward to it.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-

Wow this is fantastic!

Rish
    -stlah

This is a lovely example of engaged practice. John Denver (old white guy, folk singer, lived in Colorado, died flying his own plane) used to sing a song: Inch by inch, row by row, I'm gonna make this garden grow. It wasn't a great song, but catchy, and the sentiment behind it was awesome.

Thanks for planting the garden, Austin.

Gassho,
    Nengei
    Sat today. LAH.
    遜道念芸 Sondō Nengei (he/him)

Please excuse any indication that I am trying to teach anything. I am a priest in training and have no qualifications or credentials to teach Zen practice or the Dharma.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuu View Post
    That is a lovely idea. I hadn't heard of 7cups before!

Thank you for sharing, Austin. How do you find the experience?

I am just about to begin volunteer work for a national telephone helpline and looking forward to it.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-
    I'm delighted to hear about your interest in 7 Cups and your upcoming journey as a helpline volunteer! My experience with 7 Cups has been truly rewarding. It's a platform where compassion and empathy are at the forefront, allowing one to connect with people from diverse backgrounds and help them through challenging times. The training provided is comprehensive and equips one well to offer support effectively.

Gassho,
    Austin

stlah

Thank you Risho and Nengei. I hope it can be a good opportunity for you both.