Thread: Zoom on Android Tablet

Zoom on Android Tablet

Does anyone with an Android tablet know how to get all participants view working and does it display more than eight views?

On yesterdays Treeleaf Special Event I could only see the top of Shodo’s head as there were only eight participants displayed using ‘gallery’ plus the annoying floating view of me. According to t’interweb I should be able to see a max of forty-nine views ‘by swiping left on my floating view’ (?). As a result the only time I can tell if someone else has joined is when those visible return bow otherwise I cannot see the whole group.

There is no simulation available so the only time I can search around the settings and experiment is during live sessions and with Jukai coming up me looming over the screen might not appreciated.

Gassho
    MichaelW

satlah

Quote Originally Posted by michaelw View Post
    Does anyone with an Android tablet know how to get all participants view working and does it display more than eight views?

On yesterdays Treeleaf Special Event I could only see the top of Shodo’s head as there were only eight participants displayed using ‘gallery’ plus the annoying floating view of me. According to t’interweb I should be able to see a max of forty-nine views ‘by swiping left on my floating view’ (?). As a result the only time I can tell if someone else has joined is when those visible return bow otherwise I cannot see the whole group.

There is no simulation available so the only time I can search around the settings and experiment is during live sessions and with Jukai coming up me looming over the screen might not appreciated.

Gassho
    MichaelW

satlah
    Hi.
    I believe there is a set limit of participants you can see on one screen, and the swiping left will simply reveal a secondary windows with the same maximum number of squares visible. On a tiny tablet screen it would be quite impossible to squeeze in 20 participants, like we had yesterday and make them visible, so you’re a little stuck with what tablet view offers.
    You can, I believe, pin a speaker for yourself, so that they’re always the first displayed square.

Gassho
    Sat and lah
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

It is the same for me on an IPad. Only 9 visible at a time. Must sweep to see others.

Doshin
    Stlah