Thread: Now Available - My New Book: BUILDING the FUTURE BUDDHA ...

Now Available - My New Book: BUILDING the FUTURE BUDDHA ...

To welcome the future and this New Year ...

Building the Future Buddha - FRONT cover SMALL jpg.jpg

BUILDING the FUTURE BUDDHA:

The Zen of A.I., Genes, Saving the World,
    and Travel to the Stars.

Kindle E-Book available for pre-order right now, for publication January 1st ...

... Paperback to be available from January 2nd ...

FUTUREBUDDHABOOK.COM

The world is changing. Zen and Buddhist insights, timeless wisdom gathered over centuries, can help guide us in our lives today and in the prudent use of new technologies, nurturing a calm and serene world, prosperous yet existing in harmony with nature, a healthy, contented and good society for the centuries to come.

Let Zen inspire us to sometimes step back from our machines and digital devices, returning to the simple and old-fashioned ways, the slow ways, because they are beautiful ways. In the rush for improvement, let us learn to sit still sometimes and rest from our goals, drop the quest for constant upgrades and efficiency, restrain the endless hunger for progress, and turn off the flashing lights and ceaseless noise.

At the same time, if employed well, technology and medicine can help us bring true peace, an end to most wars and violence committed in anger, cures for diseases, ecological balance, greater love and empathy among people and for all beings, increased charity, remedies for poverty and homelessness, and the attainment of other goals for good in the world as long dreamed of by Buddhists and caring people of many religions and philosophies.

Tomorrow’s technologies will change Buddhism too. AI and robotics, bio-engineering and physical enhancements, genetics and nano-implants, virtual reality and new media, medical miracles and manufacturing marvels, extended lifespans and expanded minds will make many of Buddhism’s most fabulous ideals realizable. Zen will be practiced, programmed, bred and wired in; enlightenment will move as chemistry and light across neural fibers and optical fibers.

Review by Prof. Steven Heine, Historian of Japanese Buddhism and Zen:

"Jundo Cohen helps us lift Buddhism from the realm of dusty caves and reclusive locations in order to envision a future ... new technologies and the complicated kinds of decision-making that must be faced."

Thank you again to all who assisted in its writing and creation, including those who helped with long hours of editing and formatting and those who provided so many helpful comments, opinions and insights over the past two years.

Gassho, Jundo

stlah

PS - PLEASE POST REVIEWS after you read it ... (most especially and hopefully, if you liked it! )
    Last edited by Jundo; 12-28-2023 at 07:26 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Awesome, I'll order my copy in Kindle

Gasshō

stlah, Bernal

Quote Originally Posted by nalber3 View Post
    Awesome, I'll order my copy in Kindle

Gasshō

stlah, Bernal
    A couple of tips and corrections on chemistry which you offered awhile back are reflected in the final manuscript, Bern.

Gassho, Jundo

stlah

Ah! Great!

Gassho
    Sat and lah
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Looking forward to it.

Gassho,
    Suuko.

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk
    Has been known as Guish since 2017 on the forum here.

Congratulations, Jundo!!!!

Do Mi
    sat and lah

Gassho
    Washin
    stlah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Web browsers will flag the book site as not secure, because HTTPS is not enabled. Make sure to do this (or have a server roshi set it up).

Also, I would recommend that the book site have an About the Author section, with a photo, and stating your credentials. You can use the same info as on the Amazon page.

Also, the link only goes to Amazon.com. There's a way to set it up so it redirects to the local Amazon site when someone clicks; if you can't do that, have links to different Amazons so people can get the book easily. As I mentioned in an email, you should set up an Amazon affiliate account. If you do, and create accounts for multiple countries, the affiliate link will automatically redirect to the local Amazon when someone clicks.

Gassho,

Ryūmon (Kirk)

Sat Lah
    Last edited by Ryumon; 12-28-2023 at 10:39 AM.
    流文

I know nothing.

Well done for bringing it to fruition. I hope it gets the reception you would like.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-

Awesome and wonderful!

I’m getting my copy.

Gassho
    Kaiku
    Sat today and LaH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just Sit

So exciting!
    Congratulations Jundo! How are you feeling about it?

Gassho
    Keith
    Satlah

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    So exciting!
    Congratulations Jundo! How are you feeling about it?

Gassho
    Keith
    Satlah
    I am content.

Gassho, J

stlah
    Last edited by Jundo; 12-29-2023 at 03:32 AM.

Doshin
    Stlah

Congratulations Jundo! You must be so pleased, you have worked diligently to get it published. I truly hope it sells well and people really like what you have to say. Very inspirational.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

Looking forward!

Gassho, Michael
    Satlah

Gasshō
    Seiko
    Stlah
    Gandō Seiko
    頑道清光
    (Stubborn Way of Pure Light)

My street name is 'Al'.

Any words I write here are merely the thoughts of an apprentice priest, just my opinions, that's all.

Oh my goodness, I saw John Cobb and about had a heart attack because I thought for an instant it was the process theologian John Cobb lol. Not him. Congrats Jundo!
    Gassho, Jason
    SAT

That’s great, Jundo. I will order mine now!
    Gassho,
    Tai Do
    Satlah

Congratulations, Jundo. I've pre-ordered the Kindle copy.

Gassho, Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Dear All ...

As the ebook is available from today, and with the paperbook available tomorrow (January 2nd), Amazon A.I. has already rewarded my book about its fellow A.I.s (maybe a kind of artificial nepotism?) with the following ...

Anyway, please recall that every thing, being and moment in the universe (and at Amazon) is always #1 at being just that thing, being or moment.

Gassho, J

stlah

FutureBuddha#1.png
    Last edited by Jundo; 01-01-2024 at 03:21 AM.

Dear All,

I am content to report that the paperback is now available too, if you prefer ink over ebook ... for those who are "old school" in reading their books about "the future" ...

Building the Future Buddha
    (Paper and Ebook Link)

Gassho, J

stlah
    Last edited by Jundo; 01-02-2024 at 01:53 PM.

Thanks Jundo; Paperback arriving on Wednesday

js/stlah
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jundo, i will order my copy!!

Gassho
    Diana
    SAT

Only halfway through the third chapter, but really enjoying the book!
    Well written. Exciting ideas.

Gassho, Michael
    satlah

Paperback on it's way to NZ!

Gassho, Tokan

satlah
    平道 島看 Heidou Tokan (Balanced Way Island Nurse)
    I enjoy learning from everyone, I simply hope to be a friend along the way

Gasshō, Jundo, I'm away from home so I just got the book on Kindle, but my physical copy has been ordered and should be delivered soon. Excited to read!

Thanks,
    -Anthony
    Satlah

How lovely to see this!

Gassho, Meishin
    stlah

Perfect timing! I am ready to start reading a new book tonight. I just bought the kindle version.

Gassho,

Rick

STLAH

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Paperback arrived today; Interesting Intro.

gassho, shokai
    stlah
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Of course, I'm going to order it. Just out of curiosity, will it be going on the Priests' training reading list?

ST
    LAH
    Gassho!
    護道 安海

-Godo Ankai

I'm still just starting to learn. I'm not a teacher. Please don't take anything I say too seriously. I already take myself too seriously!

Quote Originally Posted by Ankai View Post
    Of course, I'm going to order it. Just out of curiosity, will it be going on the Priests' training reading list?

ST
    LAH
    No, I don't think so. It is not that kind of book.

Gassho. Jundo

stlah

Got your book and will get back with you when I finish. May take awhile cause I only read a little before sleep

Sat lah

_/_
    Rich
    MUHYO
    無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

https://instagram.com/notmovingmind

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Got your book and will get back with you when I finish. May take awhile cause I only read a little before sleep
    Oh, my book will certainly help you doze off!

Gassho, J

stlah

Just got my copy in the mail.

Thank you, for this piece of information,

Gassho
    Diana
    Satlah

Congratulations, Roshi! I will add it to my (ever-expanding) list.

Gassho

ZenKen (Anna)
    sat/lah
    Prioritising great gratitude.

ZenKen (Anna)
    禅犬

On my Amazon wish list
    Well done on bringing your ideas to fruition, takes a lot of work to write/publish a book.

Jinyo

sat today

Read 50 pages slowly. Getting into it

Sat/lah

_/_
    Rich
    MUHYO
    無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

https://instagram.com/notmovingmind

Dear Jundo,

Huge congratulations on releasing a book. I didn't know it was available on January 1st; I would have bought it earlier. Kindle copy snagged, and once it's read, I'll surely have some questions and leave that review. Props to your team on the landing page for the book; it's really well put together. The fine presentation will work wonders for the promotion of the whole idea.

Gassho,

Sharan
    SatToday/SjeoDanas

Quote Originally Posted by Sharan View Post
    Dear Jundo,

Huge congratulations on releasing a book. I didn't know it was available on January 1st; I would have bought it earlier. Kindle copy snagged, and once it's read, I'll surely have some questions and leave that review. Props to your team on the landing page for the book; it's really well put together. The fine presentation will work wonders for the promotion of the whole idea.

Gassho,

Sharan
    SatToday/SjeoDanas
    It is truly written for places like Bosnia and Herzegovina where once there was war, but war can become peace.

Gassho, J

stlah

Thank you, Jundo
    I especially enjoyed the Star Trek chapter (XII ZEN at the END OF TIME) which to me put our practice in a new perspective.
    Also greatly appreciated the insights and advice provided in the epilogue.

Gassho, Hōzan (Solenziz/Michael)
    Satlah
    Last edited by Jundo; 01-27-2024 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hōzan View Post
    Thank you, Jundo
    I especially enjoyed the Star Trek chapter (XII ZEN at the END OF TIME) which to me put our practice in a new perspective.
    Also greatly appreciated the insights and advice provided in the epilogue.

Gassho, Hōzan (Solenziz/Michael)
    Satlah
    Thank you, Hōz.

If you get a chance, and feel moved to do so, please post an Amazon revue. It is helpful to people who have not read the book.

https://www.amazon.com/BUILDING-FUTU...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Gassho, J

stlah

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Thank you, Hōz.

If you get a chance, and feel moved to do so, please post an Amazon revue. It is helpful to people who have not read the book.

https://www.amazon.com/BUILDING-FUTU...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Gassho, J

stlah
    Happy to.
    Left one on Amazon and one on Goodreads.

Gassho, Hōz
    Satlah

I am about 1/3 through it. I am really enjoying it so far.

Gassho,
    Rick
    STLAH

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

My third book is nearly ready for its final edit; my wife helping me with editing; after her MA she worked as a newspaper editor. This book of poetry is my experience with the precepts. After my book I will read your book Jundo. I have purchased a copy already.
    Gassho
    sat/lah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 02-28-2024 at 06:23 PM.
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

I enjoyed your first book especially comparing with Jazz great and thoughtful discussion of poetic nature of Dogen.
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 02-28-2024 at 06:27 PM.
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆