Thread: Quoting and Zoom Question

Quoting and Zoom Question

This may be somewhere in the forum but I could not find it…

1. When replying to Posts, how do you isolate the specific thing you want to address instead of having the entire post reposted in your post?

2. I use an IPad for Zoom Meetings. I can only see 9 Bodhisattva faces at a time. Is there a way to get more of the folks on the screen?

Doshin
    Stlah

Quote Originally Posted by Doshin View Post
    This may be somewhere in the forum but I could not find it…

1. When replying to Posts, how do you isolate the specific thing you want to address instead of having the entire post reposted in your post?

2. I use an IPad for Zoom Meetings. I can only see 9 Bodhisattva faces at a time. Is there a way to get more of the folks on the screen?

Doshin
    Stlah
    When you click reply with quote, as long as you keep those little tags at the beginning and end of the quoted text, where it says [QUOTE… and [/QUOTE .. anything in between them will appear as quoted text.
    As for your zoom question, that’s more of a mobile version of zoom thing. I don’t know the specifics of how many people maximum are visible on iPad but it’s usually way less than on desktop

Gassho
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Quote Originally Posted by Bion View Post
    ... When you click reply with quote, as long as you keep those little tags at the beginning and end of the quoted text, where it says [QUOTE… and [/QUOTE .. anything in between them will appear as quoted text. ...
    I think that Bion meant to add that you just have to physically "cut" by deleting any lines that you don't want to appear between the QUOTE/QUOTE boxes, just like erasing any text.

Gassho, J
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    As Bion said, I believe this is just the limitations of Zoom on mobile. Sometimes for the weeknight sit I use my phone and it drops down to only 4 at a time there.

Gassho,
    Sekishi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    I think that Bion meant to add that you just have to physically "cut" by deleting any lines that you don't want to appear between the QUOTE/QUOTE boxes, just like erasing any text.

Gassho, J
    Yeah! That! Just remove from in between the [QUOTE tags what you don’t want by deleting it. Apologies for not being clear enough. Thank you, Jundo

Gassho
    Bion
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Got it, thanks Team.

What I am realizing is that my Ipad is good for somethings not so efficient for others (viewing and even deleting large sections. I need to use my laptop more.

Doshin

Got it, thanks Team.

What I am realizing is that my Ipad is good for somethings not so efficient for others (viewing and even deleting large sections. I need to use my laptop more.

Doshin
    For plenty of our essential tasks, a computer is better suited than a mobile device, in my opinion, I agree with you there

Gassho
    Bion

Yep. I will start making it my go to for Treeleaf activities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk