Thread: [Engaged] Share The Meal - a World Food Programe initiative

[Engaged] Share The Meal - a World Food Programe initiative

Hi, all
    Here's my little contribution to this Engaged Buddhism side of our forum. Share The Meal is a phone app that makes it easy for anyone to make small or large donations that go towards campaigns organised by the United Nations' World Food Programme. With minimal effort and donations as small as 70 cents (Euro) we can contribute to active ongoing relief efforts in places like Palestine, Ukraine, Afghanistan, Rwanda, Libya etc The WFP does a wonderful job at organising and distributing resources and because they have their own infrastructure, donations go to the selected causes in full.
    You can start donating immediately HERE and you can download the app as well and throw in a "penny" whenever you remember or there's a humanitarian crisis.
    HERE is a detailed breakdown of how donations are used.

All highlighted words in post are links to information about WFP and Share The Meal

gassho
    (sat and lah)
    Last edited by Bion; 10-11-2023 at 07:54 PM.
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Thanks for posting that Bion. It sounds like a good initiative.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ