Thread: Eco-Tonglen Circle - Sunday, August 27, 2023

Eco-Tonglen Circle - Sunday, August 27, 2023

This Sunday, August 27th, 2023, we will hold our first "last Sunday of the month" practice of Eco-Tonglen.

For those who are unfamiliar with the practice of "Eco-Tonglen", information on this important practice of compassion for our Earth can be found here: https://tinyurl.com/About-Eco-Tonglen

This event will occur in the Scheduled Sitting Room (SSR), the same place as our usual Tonglen Practice, and Eco-Tonglen will also be recorded for "any-time" viewing.

The Treeleaf Calendar can be found here: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar to convert the date to your local time zone.

The Scheduled Sitting Room can be found here: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=ssr

The livestream and "any-time" viewing after can be found here:

ALL are welcome -- no experience is required, just bring your compassion and concern for our Earth -- we hope to see you there!

gassho Washin and the Tonglen/Eco-Tonglen team
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Thank you for this practice, Washin, Kokuu and Meian. I found it very beneficial. So much discussion about climate change is a bit abstract, global temperature, emission levels, etc. This practice gave me space to contemplate areas that I may sometimes overlook and tie them together, such as the catastrophic loss of offspring that occurred in the Emperor Penguin colonies because the sea ice broke up too early, and the massive Canadian wildfires, and the fish and coral die-off off the coast of Florida, poaching, logging and on and on. While we may have sat with different ecosystems, I experienced it as one global event (event may not be the best word). Thank you. Sorry for running long.
    Gassho,
    Naiko
    st

Doshin
    St

Hi, I tried to join live through Youtube but nothing happened for about 20 mins just showing the holding screen, then the feed began to play.
    The recording on Youtube is only 20 mins long, don't know if this was a youtube glitch. Might need looking into for the future.
    Sat with you for the last 20 mins - Thank you.
    Will join with Zoom next time (but Youtube is so convenient :-) )
    Rob

Sat today

P.S. Re-reading this it sounds a bit "moany" not meant to be just thought you'd like to know about the glitch

Rob I had similar issue

Doshin
    St

Thank you for this practice, Washin, Kokuu and Meian. I found it very beneficial. So much discussion about climate change is a bit abstract, global temperature, emission levels, etc. This practice gave me space to contemplate areas that I may sometimes overlook and tie them together, such as the catastrophic loss of offspring that occurred in the Emperor Penguin colonies because the sea ice broke up too early, and the massive Canadian wildfires, and the fish and coral die-off off the coast of Florida, poaching, logging and on and on. While we may have sat with different ecosystems, I experienced it as one global event (event may not be the best word). Thank you
    Thank you so much for the feedback, Naiko. That is really helpful!

Thank you also, Doshin and Rob, for the feedback on the You Tube stream. I will pass that on to Meian.

Update: Meian said that she experienced issues connecting the stream so it came in late. Apologies. It should be fine in future.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-
    Last edited by Kokuu; 08-28-2023 at 06:41 PM.