Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TRAVEL DIARY: DHARMATRACKS Across AMERICA WEST (7/28-8/31) & OAKLAND RETREAT (8/9-12)

Great to sit with you all, thank you Banto for hosting! Great talk as well. See you all in a few days!!
    Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08:00 – 08:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English ONLY) and Dedication
    08:15 – 08:45 ZAZEN
    08:45 – 08:55 KINHIN
    08:55 – 09:25 ZAZEN + Short Talk
    09:25 – 09:30 FOUR VOWS, & VERSE OF ATONEMENT
    Sat this part with you all today. Thank you everyone!

Thank you, Matt, for sharing a nice group photo

Gassho
    Washin
    sat/lah

So Great to be with Banto and Jundo in the mile high city. Great! For five years we lived in Greeley about 60 or so miles from Banto, and there is where our daughter was born, and I began my sober life. Last week I celebrated 30 years sober, and it all began in Colorado, such a beautiful place with 14,000 foot peaks, in the shadow of Pike's Peak, and Long's peak. Such a beautiful time and place for Jundo and Banto as I sat with you.

Tai Shi
    st
    Gassho
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Thank you for the zazenkai, guys.

Jundo, the talk hit home for me. Thanks.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Joyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuden View Post
    See you all in a few days!!
    Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Really starting to wish I was attending. Parenting responsibilities make it impossible. =(

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today/lah

Quote Originally Posted by Joyo View Post
    Really starting to wish I was attending. Parenting responsibilities make it impossible. =(

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today/lah
    Next time!!!! Jundo promised a Canada retreat!

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday and trying very hard to LAH right now

Joyo

Gassho
    Jakuden

Well what I have decided to do is make a mini-retreat at home, most of it will be parenting as I am home taking care of my kids Mon-Thurs, and then I work on Friday. So I will focus on my practice in my real-life Zendo. =)

But I definitely will be wishing I was there to meet you all!!

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today/lah

Kyotai

Gassho
    Jakuden

I'm in for that !

Gassho, Kyotai
    ST LAH

Hi Guys,

Evening, 90 minute Zazenkai, with Banto in a few minutes ...

09:00 – 09:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English ONLY) and Dedication
    09:15 – 09:45 ZAZEN
    09:45 – 09:55 KINHIN
    09:55 – 10:25 ZAZEN + Fukanzazengi Recitation
    10:25 – 10:30 FOUR VOWS, & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Sat the last 45 min or so with you, in hotel room. Thank you!
    Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Mp
    Lovely work Banto, thank you both. Sleep well. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday/LAH

Just started my day, sitting with you and the recording.
    Thank you!
    Gassho,
    Kotei sattoday.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

My great thanks and respect for Banto and family, as our train pulls out of Denver station. Yesterday. had the awe inspiring experience of witnessing a bit of Rocky Mountain National Park and its willdlife. Banto and Co. were so generous in all ways. One more wonderful example of the sweet, good hearted, sincere about Zen Practice folks that are our Treeleaf Community.

Gassho Jundo

SATTODAYLAH

Tai Shi that's awesome, small world. Greeley is a great city, indeed really close to here.
    Congratulations on 30 years of sobriety!

SatToday/LAH

Banto (aka Rodney)
    万磴 (Myriad StoneSteps)

Thank YOU Jundo, what an incredible opportunity this was and thank you dear sangha for everything.
    Grateful for Treeleaf

SatToday/LAH

Banto (aka Rodney)
    万磴 (Myriad StoneSteps)

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Banto View Post
    Thank YOU Jundo, what an incredible opportunity this was and thank you dear sangha for everything.
    Grateful for Treeleaf

SatToday/LAH
    Thank you for taking care of our dizzy tired teacher. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday/LAH

It has been suggested by Jundo and almost ordered by my staff to go to Japan in the next few years. I am not one for organized tours, but perhaps we should have a forum topic about members of the Sangha traveling to Japan in small groups. Travel is much better with friends. Instead of Dharmatracks, we would have Sanghatracks.

Gassho
    Jakuden

Marc Connery
    明岩
    Myo̅ Gan - Bright Cliff

I put the Monkey in Monkeymind

Quote Originally Posted by Myogan View Post
    It has been suggested by Jundo and almost ordered by my staff to go to Japan in the next few years. I am not one for organized tours, but perhaps we should have a forum topic about members of the Sangha traveling to Japan in small groups. Travel is much better with friends. Instead of Dharmatracks, we would have Sanghatracks.
    I don't have any money but I'll go! Will start saving my pennies.

Gassho
    Byōkan
    sat today

Mp
    Myogan,

I am flexible ... can I do in your suite case?

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday/LAH

Joyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    My great thanks and respect for Banto and family, as our train pulls out of Denver station. Yesterday. had the awe inspiring experience of witnessing a bit of Rocky Mountain National Park and its willdlife. Banto and Co. were so generous in all ways. One more wonderful example of the sweet, good hearted, sincere about Zen Practice folks that are our Treeleaf Community.

Gassho Jundo

SATTODAYLAH
    That sounds wonderful! Glad you are having a good trip.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today/lah

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Wow finding it difficult to keep up but managed to sit with the Denver Dharma talk this morning. Thank you Jundo for sharing your experience and all those who supporting you on this trip.

STMIZ

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Myogan, yes yes indeed! Sanghatracks! My wife and I are in, would very much love to do this
    SatToday/LAH

Banto (aka Rodney)
    万磴 (Myriad StoneSteps)

If you build it, we will come.

Gassho
    Meishin
    Sat Today

Quote Originally Posted by Meishin View Post
    If you build it, we will come.

Gassho
    Meishin
    Sat Today
    Haha yes
    Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

We have room at the house for an invasion of Leafers, if you don't mind futons on the tatami floor. I know, Because my in-laws invade us from time to time.

It can be done.

And you have your own tour guide right here.

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH

Mp
    We have room at the house for an invasion of Leafers, if you don't mind futons on the tatami floor. I know, Because my in-laws invade us from time to time.

It can be done.

And you have your own tour guide right here.

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH
    Plus there looks like lots of room in the zendo. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday/LAH

Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
    Plus there looks like lots of room in the zendo. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday/LAH
    The house would be better for sleeping, believe me. Unless somebody wants a REAL 13th Century experience of using our outhouse toilet, Chanting with one hand as the other hand gently chases away the spiders.

Gassho, J

SatTodayLAH

Mp
    The house would be better for sleeping, believe me. Unless somebody wants a REAL 13th Century experience of using our outhouse toilet, Chanting with one hand as the other hand gently chases away the spiders.

Gassho, J

SatTodayLAH
    Well on secind thought ... I like sharing my bed with Bodhi ... but spiders .... Hmmm =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday/LAH

Sounds like something we used to do when I was a kid.
    ,.jpg

gassho, Shokai

sat/LAH
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Joyo
    Unless somebody wants a REAL 13th Century experience of using our outhouse toilet, Chanting with one hand as the other hand gently chases away the spiders.

Gassho, J

SatTodayLAH
    Must be my redneck country roots, I prefer an outhouse!

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today/lah

Quote Originally Posted by Joyo View Post
    Must be my redneck country roots, I prefer an outhouse!
    I'm old enough to remember visiting a few places in the farmland that still had them. They even had certain rules to using them. One story my great uncle had was:
    "a farmer had oilmen ask to drill for oil on his farm. After drilling a thousand feet they gave up and told the farmer their workers would fill in the hole, but the frugal farmer told them to just build a new outhouse over the hole. Later the farmer's son comes in yelling that ma had turned blue in the outhouse and passed out. The farmer told the son his mom always did hold her breath until she heard the water splash!"

Gassho
    Sat
    Lah
    Marc Connery
    明岩
    Myo̅ Gan - Bright Cliff

09:00 – 09:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English ONLY) and Dedication
    09:15 – 09:45 ZAZEN
    09:45 – 09:55 KINHIN
    09:55 – 10:25 ZAZEN + Fukanzazengi Recitation
    10:25 – 10:30 FOUR VOWS, & VERSE OF ATONEMENT
    Thank you Jundo and Banto!

Gassho
    Washin
    sat today

Been sitting along with you one segment at a time. Dharmatracks rock! Many thanks to all who are taking such good care of Jundo and Leon along the way.

Gassho
    Byokan
    sat today

Let me say this, yes, let me say just this, I am a poet, just a poet, and with the money I have I make time payments on two computers. To go to Japan is super unlikely, this computer is my traveling companion. Well, we, Marjorie and me, she is my driver, well, we drove to Omaha, from Hartford, South Dakota, down to I 90, on to I 29, then on into Omaha, we sat for an hour that night in our Hotel, Tom, and Chuck, chanting as Tom would have it, then next morning all four of us, the beauty of Zen for four Hours, the Beauty of Zazenkai, as I have never had it in Oh Person, Jundo lead us through our sitting, our walking meditation, our graceful Oriyoki, our cereal, milk, bowl and spoon, carefully placed and oh such gratitude as I have never experienced. Today more than a week has passed, yet, I have experienced beautiful, blue, green, brown, white black, Zen, Rakusu, perfect-Rakusu blessed for Tom to be a good boy, and the rest of us. This came to an end, we hugged four times all around Ruby, Leon, Chris, Marjorie, Mat, Tom, Chuck, and Jundo. At noon, my day was done. We, Marjorie and me, we drove back to Hartford.

Tai Shi
    st
    Gassho

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Looking forward to following events in San Francisco, some difficulties with timezone clashes and all also family commitments. Being pulled from pillar to post as daughter and grandkids are here for summer vacation. So I'll join in events when I can and on demand when I can't.

STMIZ / lah

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

After a 6 hour drive from San Francisco to north California, a short Zazen with Genmyo (JamesVB) and Genmyo in the coastal town of Eureka!

Tomorrow, gonna sit under some giant Redwoods and Sequoias!

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLah

Here is the link for Jundo's talk at Ancient Dragon Zen in Chicago on July 31st

http://audio.ancientdragon.org/20170...s_of_zazen.mp3

Gassho
    Sat
    Marc Connery
    明岩
    Myo̅ Gan - Bright Cliff

Just sat with you in Eureka, thanks so much for making this available, especially Jundo after such a long drive. Deep bow of gratitude.
    Gassho
    Frankie

satwithyoutoday/lah

Mp
    After a 6 hour drive from San Francisco to north California, a short Zazen with Genmyo (JamesVB) and Genmyo in the coastal town of Eureka!

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLah
    Wonderful, glad you made it. Will be sitting airport and airplane zazen while you sit giant redwood zazen. =)

I also have a Sequoia in my backyard that Buddha likes to sit under.

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday/LAH

Eishuu
    Here is the link for Jundo's talk at Ancient Dragon Zen in Chicago on July 31st

http://audio.ancientdragon.org/20170...s_of_zazen.mp3

Gassho
    Sat
    Thanks Myogan :-) Looking forward to listening to that.

Gassho
    Lucy
    Sat today/LAH

Eishuu
    What a beautiful tree Shingen!

Gassho
    Lucy
    ST/LAH

OUR MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI! ... with Banto, in the mountains near DENVER. COLORADO ...
    Sat with you and did the DENVER HOKEY-POKEY!
    Thank you Banto, Jundo, Shingen and Kyonin + everyone else sitting and dancing.

Gassho
    Kantai

Sat

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLah
    Wonderful, enjoy! Nicole and I already miss you and your beautiful family.
    Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Today, after a day looking at the giant redwood trees of northern California, a Zazenkai with James VB. Heart Sutra by James, two Zazen periods with Kinhin, the Verse of Atonement and Four Vows.

Also, a fantastic story of James' work as a steel worker, walking beams on high rise buildings ...

Gassho, J

SatTodayLAH
    Last edited by Jundo; 08-14-2017 at 03:08 AM.

A quick Zazen with Shoka, at her house in Tinseltown, and Mina too ... live now ...

Be sure to listen to the closing minutes, and Shoka's professional bee keeping story. I forgot to mention it at the start, and it is something.

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 08-19-2017 at 07:29 AM.

I just happened to be up late and catch this sit, yay!! Wonderful to sit with Mina finally! And what a good little doggie Shoka has I will definitely bow and chant for my honey, should it go "seventy two labors" or "seventy two stingers!?"
    Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Doshin
    Stlah

Good night

Be sure to listen to the closing minutes, and Shoka's professional bee keeping story. I forgot to mention it at the start, and it is something.

See you soon, Doshin.

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH

Mp
    Thank you Jundo, Mina, and Shoka ... wonderful sit. =)

And yes Jundo, you are the Queen Bee!

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday/LAH

So good to be part of the Sit with Shoka, and "Bee Keeping." Best to all as travels continue. All sounds so good, I was born in Ventura, lived the first 5 years of my life in Ojai, southern California. Take care all of you!

Tai Shi
    st
    Gassho

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast