Thread: Number of active members

Number of active members

Given all the physical distancing taking place world wide I know there has been a strong movement towards taking events online including church services and various sangha Zazenkai. Nothing new for Treeleaf of course but this made me wonder how many people are actually members of Treeleaf. I’ve been around long enough to know there are some members who are very active by posting daily but we also have a number of members that are here and post very infrequently if at all. There are of course people who sign up and then decide Treeleaf wasn’t what they are looking for etc

Today I noticed that we actually have a statistic on the forum.

Treeleaf Zendo Statistics
    Threads 11,950 Posts 243,764 Members 2,065 Active Members 260
    Welcome to our newest member, lotuslady83
    Blogs 2 Entries 777 Last 24 Hours 1
    How is “active member” defined?

Just my idle curiosity.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Tairin View Post
    Given all the physical distancing taking place world wide I know there has been a strong movement towards taking events online including church services and various sangha Zazenkai. Nothing new for Treeleaf of course but this made me wonder how many people are actually members of Treeleaf. I’ve been around long enough to know there are some members who are very active by posting daily but we also have a number of members that are here and post very infrequently if at all. There are of course people who sign up and then decide Treeleaf wasn’t what they are looking for etc

Today I noticed that we actually have a statistic on the forum.

How is “active member” defined?

Just my idle curiosity.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    I think perhaps active members are defined by the number of people who are actively doing nothing.

Gassho
    Ishin
    Sat/lah
    Last edited by Ishin; 04-04-2020 at 04:03 PM.
    Grateful for your practice

Quote Originally Posted by Ishin View Post
    I think perhaps active members are define by the number of people who are actively doing nothing.

Gassho
    Ishin
    Sat/lah

泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Hi Tairin,

if I remember right, active members in our forum software is defined as
    members logged in to the forum in the past X days. The default setting is 30 days.
    Don't know if it was changed to a different setting.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotei View Post
    Hi Tairin,

if I remember right, active members in our forum software is defined as
    members logged in to the forum in the past X days. The default setting is 30 days.
    Don't know if it was changed to a different setting.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.
    I’m on mobile right now so I cannot check, but I believe you are right and that the setting is unchanged from the default.

I’ll look next time I’m in front of my computer.

Gassho,
    Sekishi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.