Thread: March 12th-13th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

March 12th-13th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Dear All,

Please sit our Treeleaf Zazenkai for 90 minutes with Zazen, Heart Sutra and more:

10am Japan Saturday morning, NY 8pm, LA 5pm Friday night, London 1am and Paris 2am Saturday morning, or any time thereafter here:

However, "one way" live sitters are encouraged to come into the Zoom sitting, and just leave the camera and microphone turned off: Join live (with or without a camera & microphone) on Zoom at: TREELEAF Now OR at DIRECT ZOOM LINK, password (if needed): dogen

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 VERSE OF ATONEMENT & FOUR VOWS
    01:30 - 01:45(?) Informal Tea Time (All Welcome)

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLah

PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...

Chant Book is here for those who wish to join in: CHANT BOOK LINK

The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...093#post189093

I also recommend a little Talk on why small rituals and procedures are so cherished in the Zendo:

SIT-A-LONG with Jundo: Small Things in the Zendo

https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...s-in-the-Zendo
    Last edited by Sekishi; 03-13-2021 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Added one-way youtube link.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you, Jundo. I will be there with bells ready

Gassho,
    Washin
    stlah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Running a little late getting everything set up today, but the one-way link is up now (see first post above).

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Thanks Jundo, Washin and all for a wonderful zazenkai. Great talk Great tea!

The other Laurel & Hardy museum is in Ulverston, Cumbria, UK!!

Gassho, Yokai satlah

A BIG apology to Heitou and all the folks of North Georgia USA ...

Oliver Hardy
    Main article: Oliver Hardy
    Oliver Hardy (January 18, 1892 – August 7, 1957) was born Norvell Hardy in Harlem, Georgia.[23] By his late teens, Hardy was a popular stage singer and he operated a movie house in Milledgeville, Georgia, the Palace Theater, financed in part by his mother.[24] For his stage name he took his father's first name, calling himself "Oliver Norvell Hardy", while offscreen his nicknames were "Ollie" and "Babe".[25] The nickname "Babe" originated from an Italian barber near the Lubin Studios in Jacksonville, Florida, who would rub Hardy's face with talcum powder and say "That's nice-a baby!" Other actors in the Lubin company mimicked this, and Hardy was billed as "Babe Hardy" in his early films.[26][27]
    Learn something every day! I thought that they were both English! It came up during our tea break after Zazen.

GA .... ssho, J

STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 03-13-2021 at 05:46 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

My apologies as well it was Hardy not Laurel so we were both right. I've never been to it bit I seen the signs when I went to a funeral for a good friend who was injured Easter Sunday 2008 in Iraq. Maybe I'll take my mom there soon.

Gassho
    Heitou
    SatToday
    Heitou
    平桃

Thank you all for sharing in this practice together. And as always--Jundo, you have a knack for giving the most timely talks exactly when they are needed.

Gassho,
    Seikan

-stlah-
    聖簡 Seikan (Sacred Simplicity)

I was sorry to miss Zazenkai this time. I am nursing broken ribs from falling down stairs on 11th. Just waiting to see if the pain meds are powerful enough now.

I will catch up with the recorded version over a few days, but sitting on a chair for the time being, as my injury doesn't allow me to get down to the floor.

Thank you for your practice, everyone who already sat this Zazenkai, or who will sit "on demand" with me.

In Gassho
    Seiko
    stlah
    Gandō Seiko
    頑道清光
    (Stubborn Way of Pure Light)

My street name is 'Al'.

Any words I write here are merely the thoughts of an apprentice priest, just my opinions, that's all.

Thank you everyone and Metta to you Seiko
    Gassho, Nikolas
    Sat/Lah

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko View Post
    I was sorry to miss Zazenkai this time. I am nursing broken ribs from falling down stairs on 11th. Just waiting to see if the pain meds are powerful enough now.

I will catch up with the recorded version over a few days, but sitting on a chair for the time being, as my injury doesn't allow me to get down to the floor.

Thank you for your practice, everyone who already sat this Zazenkai, or who will sit "on demand" with me.

In Gassho
    Seiko
    stlah
    Much Metta to you Seiko, hope the healing process goes well. I have heard broken ribs are very painful.

Thank you Jundo, Washin, and everyone. Zazenkai is always a highlight of my week.

Gassho,

Ryan
    Sat Today
    墨眼 | Bokugan | Sumi Ink Eye
    Ryan-S | zazenlibrarian.com

Thank you Jundo, Washin, and everyone. I sat with all of you this morning.

Metta to you Seiko. I hope you heal quickly.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heitou View Post
    My apologies as well it was Hardy not Laurel so we were both right.
    Today I learned... Thank you for the history lesson Heitou and Jundo!

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Gassho
    Meishin
    stlah

Thank you.

Good talk.

Doshin
    St

I just finished sitting with the record, thank you all for your efforts.

Gassho,
    Mags ST

I sat this Zazenkai in the wee hours Sunday morning. Thank you all.

Gassho,
    Kevin
    Sat

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Caught up on demand and completed and boy did I need this talk. My head has been all over the place while sitting the last few months, not so much summoning thoughts but constantly getting ensnared, entrapped and entangled. So after the lesson and the rest of the session I went back to basics with a bit of counting and then following breaths just to get centred, what ever that means ! So I did a couple of slow 1 - 10s counting on the inhalation and after that it all went pear shaped and my thoughts were back in the clouds. Then that one deep sigh revealed the blue sky for a fleeting moment. Anyway that and the general conversation topic made me think of this ..................

Sat counting lost in clouds

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Thank you everyone.

Kotei sat (this) today.
    Gassho.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Thank you all for sitting!

Gassho
    Kokuu