Thread: June 14th-15th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

June 14th-15th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast from 10am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 9pm, Los Angeles 6pm (Friday night), London 2am and Paris 3am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible on the following screen during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, A LINK TO JOIN WILL BE POSTED BELOW IN THIS THREAD ABOUT 15 MINUTES BEFORE START TIME. JUST CLICK AND JOIN. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED::

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 VERSE OF ATONEMENT & FOUR VOWS

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please join us in the Chanting of the Heart Sutra (although please keep your microphone muted). You can download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

Not everyone realizes that they can join in the Chanting of the Heart Sutra, Verse of Atonement and Four Vows (although we ask that you keep your microphone down). Please follow along with the Chant Book, and let your voice ring!

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH

PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...

The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...093#post189093
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

As of now I plan to join ya'll

Doshin
    St

Hello all!

I'll be there with instruments ready

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Hello Jundo. I was planning on joining the full Zazenkai tomorrow . I have a Vietnamese (who is also a novice monk) visiting. Is it okay if he joins?

Gassho,

Brad

SatToday

Quote Originally Posted by BradR89 View Post
    Hello Jundo. I was planning on joining the full Zazenkai tomorrow . I have a Vietnamese (who is also a novice monk) visiting. Is it okay if he joins?

Gassho,

Brad

SatToday
    Of course! He would be an honored guest.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah

I will be doing the time warp as usual - see everyone soon!

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

Not sure I'll be able to join live but look forward to participating at some point over the weekend.
    Thank you for Treeleaf Jundo.
    Gassho
    Anna

Sat today

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    Not sure I'll be able to join live but look forward to participating at some point over the weekend.
    Thank you for Treeleaf Jundo.
    Gassho
    Anna

Sat today
    Thank YOU for Treeleaf Anna. Like the whole world, we all support each other and play our part just be being here.

Gassho, J

STLah

Will be sitting with you all one-way tonight, as I probably will be interrupted :-)

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

I will be joining 1 way tonight! Hopefully 2 way next week.

Gassho,

Junkyo
    SAT

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Mp
    Thank you Jundo, Kyonin, and everyone ... great to sit with you. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH

Thank you Jundo and Kyonin for a wonderful Zazenkai. and thanks to all who sat or will sit, Have a great week.

gassho, Shokai

stlah
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Thank you all for coming together to practice. Each cloud, rain, and ocean!

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Thank you everyone! Hope to see you 2 way next week.

Gassho,

Junkyo
    SAT

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

🙏

Doshin
    St

Thank you Jundo, Kyonin and everyone

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you to all. Very grateful to sit with you.

Gassho
    ST/LAH
    James

That was wonderful. Enjoy the rain that is just rain. _()_

gassho
    Doyu sat today lah
    Visiting unsui: use salt

I believe that this is the Heart Sutra in Vietnamese ...

Bản tụng Hán Việt:

Quán Tự Tại Bồ Tát hành thâm Bát nhã Ba la mật đa thời, chiếu kiến ngũ uẩn giai không, độ nhứt thiết khổ ách.
    Xá Lợi Tử, sắc bất dị không, không bất dị sắc, sắc tức thị không, không tức thị sắc, thọ tưởng hành thức diệc phục như thị.
    Xá Lợi Tử, thị chư pháp không tướng, bất sanh bất diệt, bất cấu bất tịnh, bất tăng bất giảm.
    Thị cố không trung vô sắc, vô thọ tưởng hành thức.
    Vô nhãn nhĩ tỷ thiệt thân ý, vô sắc thanh hương vị xúc pháp, vô nhãn giới nãi chí vô ý thức giới.
    Vô vô minh, diệc vô vô minh tận, nãi chí vô lão tử, diệc vô lão tử tận.
    Vô khổ, tập, diệt, đạo.
    Vô trí diệc vô đắc, dĩ vô sở đắc cố.
    Bồ đề tát đõa y Bát nhã Ba la mật đa cố, tâm vô quái ngại, vô quái ngại cố, vô hữu khủng bố, viễn ly điên đảo mộng tưởng, cứu cánh Niết bàn.
    Tam thế chư Phật, y Bát nhã Ba la mật đa cố, đắc A nậu đa la Tam miệu Tam bồ đề.
    Cố tri Bát nhã Ba la mật đa, thị đại thần chú, thị đại minh chú, thị vô thượng chú, thị vô đẳng đẳng chú, năng trừ nhất thiết khổ, chân thật bất hư.
    Cố thuyết Bát nhã Ba la mật đa chú, tức thuyết chú viết:

Yết đế yết đế, ba la yết đế, ba la tăng yết đế, bồ đề tát bà ha.

And here is a portion of the Koan I remembered in today little Talk ...

“Ching Ch’ing asked a monk, “What is that sound outside the gate?” The monk said, “The sound of raindrops.” Ch’ing said, “Sentient beings are inverted. They lose themselves and follow after things.”

another version ...

Jingqing asked a student of the way, “What is that sound outside?” “Dripping rain,” the student replied. “Jingqing responded, “Ordinary people are always topsy-turvy. They chase after things and tumble into delusions. With that they pursue things beyond their own hearts.”

Gassho, J

STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 06-15-2019 at 03:36 AM.

Thank you

Thank you Jundo, and Kyonin. That was a very nice surprise. Minh sends his gratitude and thanks. He is quite shy so I am glad he was speaking today.

It was a pleasure to sit with you all.

Have a great weekend,

Gassho,

Brad

SatLah

Thank you Jundo and Kyonin, thank you dear Sangha.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Satwithyoualltoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Thank you. I sat with all of you this morning.

Tairin
    Sat today and will lah shortly
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Thank you very much.

I sat on one way.

Gassho
    Sat today/LAH
    Kakunen

Thank you, Jundo and everyone. Very grateful for Treeleaf.

Sat my first Zazenkai with all of you tonight (just now).

Gassho /\
    Kendrick
    Sat/LAH

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Thank you all.

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Thank you Jundo, Kyonin and everyone else. It was lovely to sit with you all this morning.

Gassho,

Neil

STLaH

Thank you everyone!
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Thank you, Jundo, Kyonin, and everyone. I finally got to sit with this zazenkai. The talk was wonderful.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/LAH

My partner and I are planning our weekly trip into town with military like precision so that I may f I n a l l y be able to do Zazen with my Treeleaf Sisters and Brothers live. YAHTZEE!!

Anna

Lent a hand

Edit: dang it, I'm a week too late lol
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

Thank you all!

Gassho
    Kokuu

Sat today the las week’s Zazenkai.
    Thank you all.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Sat today

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    My partner and I are planning our weekly trip into town with military like precision so that I may f I n a l l y be able to do Zazen with my Treeleaf Sisters and Brothers live. YAHTZEE!!

Anna

Lent a hand

Edit: dang it, I'm a week too late lol
    Anna,

If you are planning for sitting tonight, there is weekly zazenkai at the same time. Look for the post entitled June 21st- 22nd.

Gassho,

Shoka
    Sattoday

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Pulling this one out of the archives because this week's wasn't recorded and I picked one at random - a wonderful talk, and very appropriate for me today as it's raining where I am (and the rain is not so welcome since I have water issues with my basement at the moment and am wondering how much that's going to cost!)

Gassho,
    SatLah
    Kelly