Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to do with tiny Buddhas?

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    I did not know that "tchotchkes" was Portuguese!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tchotchke
    My mom literally writes in on boxes for storage... and then I started doing it as I got older and moved around... and the way we always spelled it was very, very wrong...

"Chochkies."

sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

I really love this thread. #sattoday

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk
    Oh, yeah. If I didn't have inner peace, I'd go completely psycho on all you guys all the time.
    Carl Carlson

I wonder as a typical american consumer, who was not religious in any sense. Did all the commercialization of Zen and Buddhas lead me to find zazen and Treeleaf?

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    I wonder as a typical american consumer, who was not religious in any sense. Did all the commercialization of Zen and Buddhas lead me to find zazen and Treeleaf?
    It's a possibility, and in that sense, not really a bad thing. Just cause and effect.

Gassho
    Sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

This discussion really changed my mind about a lot of things. In particular, I realized that I personally was too uptight about the way the Buddha is used and portrayed in pop culture. Most people, it seems, are perfectly fine with tiny driving Buddha buddies. Then we got into giant Buddhas and it all became rather humorous to me.

Big. Little. Fat. Skinny. On a shopping bag or a t-shirt or smiling from my computer monitor next to a golden cat. Welcome, Buddha.

Gassho,

Kate
    satlah
    Hensho: Knitting Strands / Stranded on a Reef
    "Knit on with confidence and hope through all crises." -Elizabeth Zimmerman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12