Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ANNOUNCEMENT: Our 2013 TREELEAF Home-Leaving ORDINATIONS

Congratulations to both of you.
    Neika / Ian Adams

寧 Nei - Peaceful/Courteous
    火 Ka - Fire

Look for Buddha outside your own mind, and Buddha becomes the devil. --Dogen

Congratulations Kyonin and Yugen!

Deep Gassho,
    Fredrik

Joyo
    congratulations to you both, I hope to attend to ceremony.

with metta,
    Treena

I hope that I may be worthy of becoming a monk someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Ramos View Post
    I hope that I may be worthy of becoming a monk someday.
    Hi Ricky,

Welcome again. Maybe some years down the road you will be Ordained.

I often say, when someone asks, that Ordination here at Treeleaf takes waiting for several years, and I must first really know the person well. If I (and I feel Taigu is the same) know someone well for several years, they feel at home in our Community, and I feel at home with them, then after a few years we would consider to start talking about Ordination. Then, Ordination is itself just the first step on many years of training that may or may not result in anything. Being Ordained does not make one a full priest, only a Novice in Training, and that Training will take many years without any guaranty or promise that the person will eventually become a Priest.

If you are still here in our community after a few years, we can begin to talk about it. I very hope that you will be, Ricky.

And if there is anyone who has been around our Sangha for a good while, feels they may have such a Calling in their heart, Taigu and I are happy to speak with such folks a bit about that Path.

Gassho, Jundo
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Best wishes to you both!
    With Metta

Kyonin and Yugen, I am so proud of you both. Though I am still fairly new here each of you has shown me great kindness and made me feel welcome. Kyonin especially has taken time out of his busy schedule to be this hard head's Ango partner and it has been wonderful and I have learned so much. And thanks to Yugen for teaming us up! My Dharma brothers, may the path be well lit for you to tread. Much metta to you both on this joyous occasion!

Gassho, Jeffrey

zen_001.jpg
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."
    Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Thank you, guys.

There's nothing to be proud of really. We just do stuff. Is all.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Yugen
    Bunny and Jeffrey,
    Thank you both. Kyonin and I are just pleased to serve. You give us a great deal with your presence. I'm looking forward to practicing with you.

Deep bows
    Yugen

Thank you very much, Jundo. It will be an honor to be part of this Sangha. Most important to me now is to SIT, learn and SIT some more. Whatever happens afterwards will be part of my practice.

Joyo
    I have the utmost respect for both of you!! It is an honour to share the same sangha; congratulations on taking the next step on your path!!

Treena

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12