Thread: Our 'Official' TREELEAF FORUM OPENING CEREMONY & MEMORIAL 'COMPUTER' KUYO

Our 'Official' TREELEAF FORUM OPENING CEREMONY & MEMORIAL 'COMPUTER' KUYO

To rival the Olympic Opening Festivities ...

... please join us at the following times and link for our CEREMONY 'OFFICIALLY' MARKING THE OPENING OF THIS NEW TREELEAF FORUM AND WEBPAGE (even though it has actually been up and running for a few weeks) and ...

... 'KUYO' MEMORIAL SERVICE & OFFERING TO RETIRE OLD COMPUTER HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE, MACHINES AND PROGRAMS which have served our Sangha well over the years ...

... visible at the following link ...

The Dedications of each ceremony will have the following words ...

FORUM AND WEBPAGE DEDICATION CEREMONY

HONORING THE BUDDHAS, WE SEEK TRUE COMPASSION FOR ALL BEINGS;

ON THIS OCCASION, AS WE OPEN THE FORUM AND WEB PAGES of TREELEAF SANGHA, WELCOMING THE COMMUNITY TO THIS PLACE OF PACTICE

WE HAVE CHANTED THE HEART OF GREAT PERFECTION OF WISDOM SUTRA AND OFFERED OUR GRATITUDE AND LABORS TO THE GREAT TEACHER SHAKYAMUNI BUDDHA;

TO OUR FIRST TEACHER IN CHINA, BODHIDHARMA;

TO OUR FIRST TEACHER IN JAPAN, EIHEI DOGEN;

TO OUR TEACHER, RENPO NIWA;

TO OUR TEACHER, GUDO WAFU

TO THE GREAT BODHISATTVA, MANJUSRI;

MAY THE MERIT OF THIS BE DIRECTED TOWARD THE LASTING PEACE OF OUR SANGHA, ALL OUR NATIONs, THE WORLD;

SO THAT WE MAY LIVE TOGETHER WITH ALL BEINGS IN JOY AND HARMONY

All Buddhas throughout Space and Time …

All Bodhisattva Mahasattvas

Maha Prajna Paramita

LISTEN, GOOD FRIENDS!

Here at this moment, we mark the occasion of the opening of our Treeleaf Sangha Forum. We in this assembly should strive with great diligence, as if to save ourselves from flames on our heads. Only reflect on impermanence: take heed and do not be negligent. May we protect the Dharma and bring peace to people. We thank in gratitude all who contributed their labors to this making.

NOW LET US RECITE THE NAMES OF BUDDHA;

HOMAGE TO THE BOUNDLESS DHARMAKAYA VAIROCHANA BUDDHA;
    THE COMPLETE SAMBHOGAKAYA LOCHANA BUDDHA;
    THE MANIFEST NIRMANAKAYA SHAKYAMUNI BUDDHA;
    THE FUTURE MAITREYA BUDDHA;
    ALL BUDDHAS PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE IN THE TEN DIRECTIONS;
    THE MAHAYANA SADDHARMA PUNDARIKA SUTRA;
    THE GREAT MANJUSRI BODHISATTVA;
    THE MAHAYANA SAMANTABHADRA BODHISATTVA;
    THE GREAT COMPASSIONATE AVALOKITESHVARA BODHISATTVA;
    THE MANY BODHISATTVA MAHASATTVAS;
    THE MAHA PRAJNAPARAMITA
    MEMORIAL SERVICE & OFFERING TO RETIRE OLD COMPUTER HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE

Today we gather to mark and commemorate the service and impermanence of the tools of communication, hardware and software, which are bridges linking our Sangha, the strands of Indra’s Net, passing from this sphere of existence. They have served this community well. Let us consider deeply that Buddhahood exists in everything, and while not Sentient, they are extensions of the hands, eyes, and minds of sentients beings. All beings are Buddha Nature. The mountains and tiles are Buddha Nature, machines and programs are Buddha Nature.

At one with the Buddha.
    At one with the Dharma.
    At one with the Sangha.

Dear Machines and Programs …
    From the beginning, there is neither birth nor death … nor creation, writing, storing, running or deletion. Yet all in life is booted up and shut down, and all constantly is impermanent. Because of our particular Karmic accumulations, like bites and bits in an ongoing living memory, we were able to encounter and employ you for the good of sentient beings, teaching Dharma and nurturing Sangha. Now, let us close your covers and send you for recycling, that nothing may be wasted and all shall be reborn.
    The ceremonies will commence with chanting once the Heart Sutra in Japanese, honoring our Traditions and Origin ... and close with the Shariraimon “Homage to the Buddha’s Relics chanted thrice ...

Wholeheartedly pay homage to the ten thousand virtues of
    The absolute Shakyamuni Tathagatha.
    Buddha’s relics are body and mind.
    Body-mind is the Dharma body of original nature,
    Is the stupa of the dharma realm.
    We reverently bow.
    Buddhas appear for our sake.
    Buddha enters we and we enter Buddha.
    Owing to Buddha, we are maintaining it.
    I attain enlightenment, and with Buddha’s powers
    All creations are benefited, and raise the enlightened mind.
    Practice the Bodhisattva’s practice, the great wisdom of
    Equality. Now I respectfully bow.

PLEASE JOIN US IN THIS CELEBRATION!
    Last edited by Jundo; 07-28-2012 at 01:33 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you Jundo, that was beautiful teaching of gratitude and respect for the tools and people that makes this Zendo so special.... I take this opportunity to thank all those who give their efforts to maintain the site, and to the people whose sharings and Practice help to develop mine

Deep bows

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

Thank you Jundo & Hoyu (and the kids' outstanding fireworks display) for a wonderful celebration of what we so often take for granted these days. I honor and bow to every piece of technology that helped lead to this point, including my Atari 2600 and Commodore 64.

It was beautiful...deep bows.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Mp
    Once again thank you Jundo and Hoyu for a beautiful service!

Dosho ... the Atari and Commodore 64 ... wow, now that was a walk down memory lane.

Deep Gassho
    Michael

Thank you Jundo. Thank you Hoyu.
    It was a beautifully respectful ceremony.

I too would like to include the thousands of computers that have made it possible for me not only to find Treeleaf, but to help build and keep shelter as well as to provide sustenance for mind and body.

Deep Gassho.
    Chris

Can't wait to see it! (I'm prohibited from viewing video until we have in-house Internet, rather than having to use our mobile Internet service. )

Gassho,

Lisa

Thank you Jundo and Hoyu for this magic ceremony.

It was impossible not think of all the computers, software and gadgets that have come to serve on this humble life of mine.

It's great to be part of this wonderful sangha.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thanks jundo, hoyu and the kids

Just followed now

Gassho
    bob

the service and impermanence of the tools of communication, hardware and software, which are bridges linking our Sangha, the strands of Indra’s Net
    ...Beautiful

gassho, kojip.

Thank you Jundo and Hoyu for a beautiful ceremony.
    Gassho,
    Andy

It was a beautiful and touching ceremony and I am so blessed to have been there to celebrate it with sangha and family
    Ho (Dharma)
    Yu (Hot Water)

Thank you Jundo and Hoyu for a beautiful ceremony. I also was reminded of the computers I have used to connect with this Sangha. I think I am running out of fingers to count them on. AND, thank you Hoyu for your ceremonial closing of the covers you are very blessed for the opportunity to take part in this ritual.
    gassho,
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jundo and Hoyu - technology is transformational - how fortunate we are to live
    at a point in time when the Dharma can freely travel through time and space.

Gassho

Willow