Thread: a very humble request

a very humble request

To the kind people that sometimes think my words are not just uttered by a crazy foolish Frenchie...For my dear students known and unknown, for my teachers too, my brothers and sisters, please, please, pay attention.
    I have red the most illuminating writings on Dogen ever, I just cry. I cry. Tears of joy and gratitude.

The most important part of Fukanzazengi is in my clouded yes: Zetsugaku mui no shinjin: a true person beyond study and the intention to achieve. Beyond study, beyond Budha finding Buddha in mud and waters.
    Today the first cicadas sang and I am mending an old robe and going to work. Beyond Buddha. Always beyond. Human, as I am. Imperfectly as-is. Flawed.
    And I was reading Taigen's prose realizing that his puts down to words every inch of this boundless territory, every move of this dance I have been involved in for 35 years and way before.

Taigen's latest book has three chapters that are beyond the beyond. Forget my clumsy words, I am merely beating about the bush. Just go there. See for yourself.
    A chapter about genjokan, another one about Gyobustu Igi and the last one, so important about Muchu Setsumu, within the Dream expressing the Dream.

Please, read this and don't try to understand. It is crystal clear anyway.
    You may post your impressions, comments and just sheer appreciation here.
    But the most important point is that you make this REAL. Because, it is just already REAL. It is yours. Your treasure beyond the will to study or achieve, the kensho drive and trying-to-be-a-better-bloke-or-girl.

Enjoy

Dharma gate of joy and ease

gassho

Taigu

Zen questions, Zazen,Dogen and the spirit of Creative inquiry

Taigen Dan Leighton, Wisdom Publications.
    Last edited by Taigu; 07-19-2012 at 04:38 AM.

Have ordered - reading 'Cultivating the Empty Field' which is also wonderful.

Willow

Will read it as soon as I get the chance.

Thank you, Taigu.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thank you Taigu, my copy is on its way
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Hello,

just ordered it.

Like crazy fish in the open sea,
    we scream for water whilst we twist and turn,
    Like lightning on a warm summer's day,
    the rain of true dharma strikes,
    Tears of joy bear witness to our own ignorance,
    how wide and endless this ocean of intimacy.

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen
    Last edited by Hans; 07-19-2012 at 12:14 PM.

You have perfect timing Taigu! Today is my birthday, so I can add this to my Kindle ASAP!

_/\_

Ade

I will check this book out. Taigen's zendo is in Chicago, Ancient Dragon Zen Gate, which is about 2 hours from me and 20 min. from my best friend's house. He holds half day and full day sittings on Sundays at various times throughout the year. They allow guests to join so I plan to go down there hopefully this year.

Gassho,
    Ekai
    Last edited by Ekai; 07-19-2012 at 11:44 AM.

In the qeueueueue. "Sit down, and Shut Up," "Where the Heart Beats," "Shobogenzo" (fuck me), then I'll probably have some... "Zen Questions" mehh heh heh.

Go team Kindle! Happy birthday Adrian B. Kelly.
    My name is: Jordan.

Ordered...thank you Taigu.

Deep bows.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Mp
    Thank you Taigu ... I have order it yesterday.

Deep Gassho
    Michael

Ekai,
    I am from Chicago and did a full day sit at Ancient Dragon. They are a very welcoming sangha and am sure you will have wonderful time. I highly recommend it if you can find the time.
    Gassho
    Jeff

Just started reading!
    Thanks,
    Kaishin (開心, Open Heart)
    Please take this layman's words with a grain of salt.

One of the best Dharma books to recently come along! Taigen Dan Leighton could not be any clearer in his exposition of the heart of Dogen's writings! As a result of reading this book I've been sitting with Dogen's line: Active buddhas alone fully experience the vital process on the path of going beyond buddha." Wonderful!

Gassho, Bud

Myoshin
    I think I will order it thank you for your teachings

Ordering in the morning. ...I don't have many books around these days but Leighton's "Cultivating the Empty Field" is one of them.

Thank you, Taigu

Gassho, kojip.

In my shopping cart, but I am unsure where in line it is on my bookshelf of zen readings once I get it. The Bob Dylan chapter probably moves it up a few places or more.
    AL (Jigen) in:
    Faith/Trust
    Courage/Love
    Awareness/Action!

I sat today

Ordered but wont be here until August , so just picked up the ebook too.
    Gassho
    Shohei
    Last edited by Shohei; 07-20-2012 at 12:22 PM.