NOTE FROM JUNDO: I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND THAT I SPLIT AND MOVED THIS TO ITS OWN DISCUSSION, AS IT IS AN IMPORTANT QUESTION and I DON'T WANT IT TO BE LOST IN THE OTHER TOPIC THREAD ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dosho
I said it on the Tea Party and I'll say it here: If my only "street cred" as a potential priest is that I am a student of Jundo Cohen, that's good enough for me. I can hope minds will be swayed, other teachers will be welcoming, but I've done what I can do and will do what I can. I can't control what other people do. I have never been around such an accepting and welcoming group of people and it is a treasure.
I feel the same. The day before yesterday I got into a small debate about Jundo's credibility. The person argued that Jundo simply dismissed other peoples beliefs as "baloney" and that since he has had recent issues with ZFI, his teaching ability is to be highly suspect. I don't stand by this at all, and it bothers me that we are sometimes seen as an illegitimate little brainwashed club. We are practicing Buddhists and we are more than just little avatars to each other, much less to Jundo and Taigu, who give more than the appropriate amount of time to us and our sangha.