Thread: Todays Zazen has been completed.

Todays Zazen has been completed.

NOTE FROM JUNDO: Dear Sleeps,

We need to talk. Please arrange a skype time with me.

This is not the place for this. A few weeks ago, you buried us in posts like this ... and can't let that happen.

Maybe it is meant as art, stream of consciousness, a Buddhist Faulkner, drugs ... I don't know. But it is not Zen Wisdom, my friend.

Gassho, Jundo

If you're sitting and reading this, and plan on surfing the internet for a few more hours doing stuff, congradulations, you just got in hours and hours of sitting practice WHILE getting other things done. Multitasking is brilliant.

Really though, what do you think Buddha does? did? yeah, he sat, prolly did some kind of formal meditation, or not because if you look at big teacher stories from other dharmic traditions, it's virtually the same story, some prince says I'm done, goes out, does the quest, comes back, and kind of does the same thing again, realizing everything was is and will be going as it has always been going. Sure there is a lot of real magic, there really are Buddha's and Bodhisattvas you can ask for help, this stuff is no nonsense, these beings really do exist, you really are in a very deep, very serious tradition that requires a constant check of just doing the right thing as it presents itself to stay in line. It doesn't even matter if you get the precepts or not, or anything really, you do understand right from wrong, you do cry and get upset when you are wronged or when you wrong someone. This stuff never ends, you're never done, you will always be doing something, saying something that will be challenged, and if you do not have all your ducks in a row and are ready to rearranged them because some mistake was made, you better not say or do anything at all.

If you are doing some kind of serious spiritual experiment and are not sure what is going to happen, ask for cover! Ask me or Jundo or Taigu or the ministers in training or high spiritual beings that you know are the right. Buddha supports such actions because he, his predecessors, you, need all the help you, us can get to really get rid of suffering for ourselves and people around us. If you want to try and liberate some spirits, go for it, I do stuff like that, lots of them just don't want to go, they want to hang around, so be it, being fully Buddhas, even ghosts have the right to remain as ghosts, addicts as addicts, etc as etc. You know why they are the way they are? They are enjoying what they are doing, they are in some way happy, clearly being a ghost hung up on some old issue is clearly saddening and something anybody would want to try and help them with, but don't waste your time on stubborn people, ghosts, or anyone. tell them to go away or go away yourself, you have the right to be happy at no expense without exception, feel "bad" about a action? Not sure if you're even responsible? Take responsibility anyway, do your practice to atone for it just in case, apologize to whomever you offended and just be on your way, the world isn't perfect, we all just have our own ideas on how it is but goodness, wisdom, clearly these are things we all see? goodness and wisdom are things that can be refined, because this is buddhism, dogmas are generally thrown out the window when it is seen a fit time to throw them out the window. we don't limit ourselves in our magical, mundane, supramundane, or whatever other way you can imagine to do good, make your own magic! make your own highest of highest purest of purest purifications!

Back in november, I found a site, the Dalai Lama said that it was correct practice to write "Om Mani Padme Hum" on a text file, save it, put in a bunch of pictures of teachers and let it spin. the super prayer wheel. You know what I did, I did just that, except I saved like 80gb of that, 80gb of Om Mani Padme Hum @ 7200rpm=win. Find a practice, and make it better, and better, and better, see no flaws with it? Make it better, made it better? make it better. done? make it better. Recieved dharma transmission? make it better. don't quit, don't stop, don't get teathered even to Buddhas accomplishments for how much good you can do, always make it better, you are not inferior, you are not lower then any teacher, or anyone, you are fully capable of doing these practices and indeed, making them better and better.

Re: Todays Zazen has been completed.

Dear Sleeps,

We need to talk. Please arrange a skype time with me.

This is not the place for this. A few weeks ago, you buried us in posts like this ... and can't let that happen.

Maybe it is meant as art, stream of consciousness, a Buddhist Faulkner, drugs ... I don't know. But it is not Zen Wisdom, my friend.

Gassho, Jundo

You may be a Zen Teacher, but your Zen cup is inherently a Zen Cup flooded with Zen and other baseless accusations. If anything, I remember that I was looking for Zen, not a brew of it.

I will be on my way to find where they do not discriminate and throw around baseless accusations and theories but calmly question me if needed.

Gassho,
    Greg

Good Luck. :/

Greg,

If you are so sure about Jundo and what you are looking for, then why not have a Skype chat with him?

You might just learn something.

I don't know what that would be, but you'll learn nothing if you don't.

Just my $0.02.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeps
    I will be on my way to find where they do not discriminate and throw around baseless accusations and theories but calmly question me if needed.
    Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for.

Gassho,

Dokan

Hi Sleeps,
    Peace and happiness to you. Jundo, I know, wishes you the same. Do talk to him. His words stem from compassion and care.
    Gassho
    Myozan

disastermouse

Hello, I'm 37 and what the fuck was that?

Yes, I'm using a 4chan meme to express that I've seen more coherence THERE than I did in your post, Sleeps.

Chet

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeps
    You may be a Zen Teacher, but your Zen cup is inherently a Zen Cup flooded with Zen and other baseless accusations. If anything, I remember that I was looking for Zen, not a brew of it.

Gassho,
    Greg

Good Luck. :/
    And where will you find such a place? We ourselves being so full of discriminations, why do we expect to find a place that has none? What is it that you are looking for? Do you yourself know? Zen?, spirituality?....throw it all out if needed.

Greg: Good luck. Hope you find peace and what you're looking for.

As someone who is prone to posting nonsensical stuff myself, please, take a break from the computer and see what the silence says. It can be quite tempting to post whatever we are thinking, or whatever comes up, but we must mostly do the practice, and leave the gibberish alone.

Gassho

W

Sleeps, to me this post sounds like it was written in a state of hypomania. If that is so, you probably feel wonderful and energetic, but I would try to avoid making any major decisions before you have talked to someone you trust. Do you have any friends or family you can talk to? Have you slept at all lately? This is based solely on the impression I got from your post, so it could be way off, but please consider the possibility!

Take care,
    Pontus

^^ What Will said, ooh and Pontus too!

I should stop right there - a, but alas I am prone to type on

Hi Greg.
    please take the time to talk to Jundo. He is offering out of kindness not to scold (as some one who needs a swift kick in the arse now and again this probably ain't what its about).

Full cups is right, More tea? I know I have one too but its best to mind our own cups.

Sitting on your arse typing this, or that, millions of txt files of sutras spinning, is not practice, is not equal to zazen, lots of things are zazen in motion, just this and so on, and yes our lives very good practice but sitting is the way to truly see this.
    The mental wanking is really is a trap of the ego, no matter how dramatic or subtle it gets dressed up. Terabytes of holy crap spinning anywhere is not a substitute for practice.
    The idea HH was throwing out there was misunderstood and put to use out of context. Like saying just a second of time in the kesa is countless kalpa blah blah blah... TRUE and also true it takes a life time of practice in and out of those robes on and off the cushion to to just begin to see(and maybe then we still do not!)

I am sorry you are not finding what you are looking for here, I do hope you stay to chat with Jundo.

Gassho
    Shohei

Hi Sleeps,

My best advice: just have a nice walk, meet people, work, rub against reality all around. As far as Zen is concerned, I would give it a serious break.

Take care

gassho

Taigu

Quote Originally Posted by Taigu
    My best advice: just have a nice walk, meet people, work, rub against reality all around. As far as Zen is concerned, it would give it a serious break.

Take care
    _/_

Hi.

Sleeps, take good care of you and we will be here.

Mtfbwy
    Fugen

Hey Sleeps,

we all have rough times in this strange rollercoster called life, and sometimes part of our practise can include to just be deeply present with our ups and down instead of expressing them somehow. But don't heed my advice, just give Jundo a call and/or give all this ultimate reality and Zen stuff a bit of a break as Taigu suggested.

You are always welcome here.

All the best and gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Greg;
    This may seem a bit trite but, try the chat with Jundo; "It couldn't hurt!!"
    As well, the following, may help;
    The Seven Points of Practice

Offered by Kosho Uchiyama-roshi in the last formal talk he gave at Antai-ji, on February 23, 1975.

1 Study and practice the Buddha-dharma only for the sake of the Buddha-dharma, not for the sake of human emotions and worldly ideas.
    2 Zazen is the most venerable and only true teacher.
    3 Zazen must work concretely in our daily lives as the two practices (vow and repentance), the three minds (magnanimous mind, parental mind, and joyful mind), and as the realization of the saying, "Gaining is delusion, losing is enlightenment."
    4 Live by vow and root it deeply.
    5 Realizing that development and backsliding are your responsibility alone, endeavor to practice and develop.
    6 Sit silently for ten years, then for ten more years, and then for another ten years.
    7 Cooperate with one another and aim to create a place where sincere practitioners can practice without trouble.
    And to this i add my best wishes to you