The sutra of the streets.
    The sutra of the sea.

Words coming always after
    What they express.

A truth not pointed to:
    The body of the whole world.

Where a mother's love teaches
    Wisdom and compassion in equal measure.

(Is the unexpressed life, the unrecorded life worth living?
    It comes and goes … without a trace.)

Re: 8/1 Zen Seeds pp127-133

Thank you for the verses, Myozan. You've given me a fond reminder of the days in which I used to write poetry. After spending a few years in the aforementioned street sutras, that part of me has gone MIA.

I haven't been the best about keeping up with Ms. Aoyama, but I'm glad I checked in this week. What a love song for parents. In those moments where a mother or father feels alone, tempted to throw the book down in frustration, here is an invitation to keep writing in gentle pen strokes.

One of the great koans of my life has been to slowly realize that I am not the most important thing in the world. I had convinced myself prior to having children that I knew this already. I thought I'd worked it out. When I started to put my dreams aside for my kids, however, the resistance began. Of course, it couldn't be as easy as I'd hoped.

I don't put this out there to start a pity party. Rather, it's an open expression of my zombie-like ego. I'll work on herding it back into its place on the cushion tonight. :shock:

Thanks for listening.

gassho,
    Shujin

I can be a very sardonic and sarcastic person, if it doesn't fit my view of what I think is "right". It's sort of an odd addiction, complaining is. It's pretty nonsensical too, but it's easier said than done. Reading this story just makes me realize how selfish I can be at times. Time to be more like a mother

Gassho,

Risho

A mother ... just the word "Mother" carries so much for everyone of us. Indeed, mother and father, our sisters and brothers formed us in many ways. Our friends, our coworkers, our dharma brothers and even the guy we rarely know and only asked for the time or a light. And the same applies the other way around, to our parents and - of course even more - towards our childs. There is no live thats not worth living, in every moment, I'm sure, though I feel different at times. There is nothing useless in the universe. I agree with Shundo, a parent live is a full live, a live that writes an important story at every moment. But I also have friends who are not able to have childs, whats about their life ? Sometimes I see them sad, because they feel something very important is lacking in their life. Its easy to understand this, and though, their life is not of less value, as they also write the book of the universe in every moment, if they only knew ...
    Thanks for reading.
    _()_
    Myoku

Childless parents...Difficult issue, Myoku. Of course, you are right. The universe manifests itself in each moment in them,they also join the big dance. And, at the same time, a huge urge is at work, in our cells, in our body, the will to have children is written as a very clever device designed by nature. It is hard to give up. Very hard.

Gassho

Taigu