X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hoyu
    • Nov 2010

Re: TRAVEL DIARY: Jundo Goes To China

Very touching pictures! _/_ _/_ _/_
    It will be great to continue on this wonderful journey back at home in Tsukuba. Have a safe return.
    Ho (Dharma)
    Yu (Hot Water)

Comment

• Dosho
      • Jun 2008

Jundo,

Wonderful pictures! My wife noted her delight that Sada decided to sit a little zazen on the sidewalk with proud papa standing behind her.

So happy for you, Mina, and Leon...thanks for bringing us along for the ride.

Gassho,
      Dosho

Comment

• Undo
        • Jun 2007

Lovely.

Gassho

Comment

• Yugen

Welcome home to all your family!!

Gassho,
          Yugen

Comment

• KellyRok
            • Jul 2008

Jundo,

Thank you for sharing this beautiful journey with us. I love the pictures! I hope you and your families have a wonderful holiday together.

take care and bows to you all,
            Kelly/Jinmei

Comment

• Kaishin
              • Dec 2010

Just amazing... love the picture of her "zazen" at your feet!

Congrats again, such a wonderful thing
              Thanks,
              Kaishin (開心, Open Heart)
              Please take this layman's words with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Risho
                • May 2010

Oh wow, those are awesome pictures! congratulations!

Risho
                Email: risho.treeleaf@gmail.com

Comment

• Jundo
                  Treeleaf Founder and Priest
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Jundo
                  Oh, and Nanhuasi published two films of their recent Winter Sesshin ...

Much of what is shown ... I described in my earlier post ...

viewtopic.php?p=65439#p65439
                  I was allowed to post these here, where they are a bit easier to see. Worth looking at, especially if you are a "Zendo wonk" ... For all the differences (the emphasis on Amida Buddha, for example), it is amazing how little things changed in Zen Hall procedures between two traditions that pretty much went their own ways, with little contact, 800 years ago.

The same, but sometimes very different. Different, but precisely the same.

short one ...
                  [youtube] [/youtube]

longer one ...

And you get to play "Where's Jundo?", cause I am in there somewhere. In fact, my big cameos come about the 00:20 and 02:50 marks of the second film ... where I can be found cruising in the inside "slow lane" of the Kinhin highway, closest to the Buddha statue

Here is an MP3 of the lovely way many chants are sung in the Sung (China). In this case, it is the 4 Vows (Beings are numberless ... )

Also, Andy Ferguson, who helped arrange my stay there, writes ...

I’ve posted a tour for next fall on the south mountain website that will be very special indeed. It will include the Dharma seats of Huineng (Nanhua), Yunmen, Moshan, Huangbo, Baizhang, Mazu, Daoxin, Hongren, Nanquan, and Dogen. It will go to the heart of the matter.

Looks like Kaz Tanahashi is going along on that one too.

Gassho, Jundo
                  Last edited by Jundo; 01-12-2022, 12:34 AM.
                  ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• will
                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Jundo
                    ... Now, Chinese cities like Guangzhou and Beijing look more like the world's largest shopping mall, with all the tact of Las Vegas! The water buffalo and bicycle have been replaced by BMWs. Consumerism and consumption seem to have run rampant, and the amount of 'stuff' for sale makes Americans look like the Amish in their restraint! Maybe China is becoming a giant Wal-mart on steroids ... all "Made In China". Oh, the old culture is still there ... and just below the surface ... but one has to look past all the plastic to find it. The air is so thick with pollution ... even worse than the old days ... that all our throats are sore, and one can literally see the air one breaths (the lack of environmental laws helping to fund all those cheap goods on Christmas store shelves for the rest of the world).
                    Yep. Lived here 12 years. China's in Development right now, not too different from Japan years ago from what I hear. Also, 1.3 Billion people is a lot. When things are focused on development and money, consumerism etc, your going to get a pretty polluted environment. I don't even notice the air. What air? lol The best you can do is not pollute too much yourself.

Everyone wants what everyone has in the states and developed countries, cars, house, comfortable lifestyle etc. But everyone has to work. Things are pretty laxed here, but you just live with it. I don't even notice it I've lived here that long (to an extent). Pretty much the same as anywhere.

I live in Dalian though, not Beijing, or Gaungzhou. Guangzhou is pretty big. But whatever,

Take Care

nice little girl

Will
                    [size=85:z6oilzbt]
                    To save all sentient beings, though beings are numberless.
                    To penetrate reality, though reality is boundless.
                    To transform all delusion, though delusions are immeasurable.
                    To attain the enlightened way, a way non-attainable.
                    [/size:z6oilzbt]

Comment

• Al
                      • May 2007

She's gorgeous Jundo! Congrats. So good to see her healthy.
                      Gassho _/\_

brokenpine.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...