Thread: Some day?

Some day?

Right now practice falters, life stories press. Right now things sit on front burners and back burners. Right now matters must be engaged with unavoidable uncertainty, haltingly, and responsibilities press now, today, work must be done... rabbits must be pulled from hats.

So what is practice now?.. it is not enough to say this is all thought born because of course it is, yet born by thought it is. It is like this, and "some day" is useless.

Thanks.

Re: Some day?

Hi Kojip,

May I suggest that ... ups and downs ... all is the Great Roller-Coaster Ride!

Oh baby you know what I'm talking about
    Rollercoaster of Love
    oh yeah it's Rollercoaster time

[youtube] [/youtube]

Gassho, J

disastermouse

Quote Originally Posted by Kojip
    Right now practice falters, life stories press. Right now things sit on front burners and back burners. Right now matters must be engaged with unavoidable uncertainty, haltingly, and responsibilities press now, today, work must be done... rabbits must be pulled from hats.

So what is practice now?.. it is not enough to say this is all thought born because of course it is, yet born by thought it is. It is like this, and "some day" is useless.

Thanks.
    Most things fall into the 'problems that don't really exist' column - but that's on an ultimate sorta level, yeah? Pressing things feel pressing.

Chet

Thank you Jundo. Appreciated....and enjoyed.

Hello Chet. ...unreal, real? Gotta get out of bed for it regardless.

Once I was frustrated because I had to paint a huge room with lots of complicated trim, and it seemed like I would never get done. Then somebody told me just to think about what I was painting that moment. That helped.

Another time I was worried about the future and money and my wife told me to stop it and enjoy our time now, because we don't know what will happen in the future. That helped too.

Some days the press of responsibilities makes life uncomfortable. Practice helps me remember that this comes and goes, just like you suggest kojip.

All I can do right now is paint what's in front of me anyway.

Madrone.

Firstly
    love that vid and talk - always timely (and snazzy dance moves )

Right-now-life-practice!

Gassho
    Shohei

disastermouse

Something we tell ourselves. Stay in bed and see what happens.

Chet

Quote Originally Posted by disastermouse

Chet
    Done that. Missed the garbage truck. We tell ourselves plenty... like what what your saying too. There is just no debate here for me.

disastermouse

Quote Originally Posted by disastermouse

Chet
    Done that. Missed the garbage truck. We tell ourselves plenty... like what what your saying too. There is just no debate here for me.
    I struggle with practice in light of obligations and distractions too. Some people do better with this..

Chet

I appreciate Jundo's vid, as well as the good natured quality of it, because it gets at that thing... that pervasive thing, of not wanting this moment to be just like it is....and that includes this body and mind as it is now, un-adjusted. Seeing that, flashing out to that, is not one shot deal, or I would have been "Enlightened" twenty years ago. It is apparently ongoing. I cannot fix a handle on life, no insight that clinches it. It always slips away. So there is, like the vid says, just being the coaster now and now and now.

Thanks.
    Kojip

The way I figure it sitting Zazen is rather like throwing an open street party. We never know who will arrive but acknowledge and welcome the smelly junky along with the pretty law grad and can never know how the party will end. While it took me a while to realise that nothing is lacking it took a lot longer to realise that nothing is excluded. Ha!

Cheers

m