Photos, but since I do not,
    Any are invited to
    Know my work
    In social media.
    This under Charles Taylor.

Tai Shi
    sat/lah
    Gassho
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Well regardless of which solution I try, even a shared link from Google Drive or Photos, I get an invalid file error unless the size is below 250 kb. So I give up on posting large pics as others seem to do without issues. So here's a photo of our German Sheppard Sophie, who sits with me each morning. This was on her 10th birthday a few weeks back and she's doing well for an old girl.
    Sophie On 10th Birthday 2.jpg

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

She is lovely, Seishin. I also sit with my dog and, sometimes, one of the cats join.
    Good sittings to the both of you.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Sat today/LAH

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seishin View Post
    Well regardless of which solution I try, even a shared link from Google Drive or Photos, I get an invalid file error unless the size is below 250 kb.
    Hi Seishin - if the photos are uploaded to Treeleaf (by using the “picture” button on the post toolbar) then they need to be less than 250kb. You can however use the IMG tag without uploading them to Treeleaf and then they will display inline at whatever their native resolution is.

I’ll try to remember to post some more detailed instructions when I’m in front of a computer.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekishi View Post
    Hi Seishin - if the photos are uploaded to Treeleaf (by using the “picture” button on the post toolbar) then they need to be less than 250kb. You can however use the IMG tag without uploading them to Treeleaf and then they will display inline at whatever their native resolution is.

I’ll try to remember to post some more detailed instructions when I’m in front of a computer.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah

I would be grateful for the instructions, as I can only find the Insert Image icon on the toolbar, which I assume you mean by the picture button, hence the size restriction.

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Quote Originally Posted by Seishin View Post
    I would be grateful for the instructions, as I can only find the Insert Image icon on the toolbar, which I assume you mean by the picture button, hence the size restriction.
    I tried a first pass at writing up a how-to guide: https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...s-on-the-Forum

Let me know what you think.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah

I tried a first pass at writing up a how-to guide: https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...s-on-the-Forum

Let me know what you think.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    I took a shot at a couple of days ago.

https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...l=1#post242722

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

Hi Sekishi, Tai Shi here,

When you post resizing instructions, please keep me in mind. By the way, I have found an excellent way to partially control much of my pain only dimly remembered from 10 years ago, that being-- I hold my tongue motionless in the center of my mouth. I relax every muscle (the ones I notice), and completely loosen my jaw. The Idea is to relax every muscle I can "not" think of, and I feel better in my neck all over. I suspect this in a form of mindfulness and not paying attention. I would still like direction for resizing because I find the available software baffles me. I have beautiful photos on my phone, so there might be a way to use Tap A Talk, an app I sometimes used to enter Treeleaf Zendo. Thank you.

Tai Shi
    Gassho
    sat _/\_

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshi View Post
    I took a shot at a couple of days ago.
    I’m sorry I missed this. What do you think - should I delete instructions in the FAQ, or is having two sets of instructions ok?

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Shi View Post
    I have beautiful photos on my phone, so there might be a way to use Tap A Talk, an app I sometimes used to enter Treeleaf Zendo. Thank you.
    Hi Taishi - if you have Tapatalk, that is probably the easiest way to post. It has a feature that will resize the photos for you.

I will work on instructions for posting from Tapatalk in the next day or so.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah

I’m sorry I missed this. What do you think - should I delete instructions in the FAQ, or is having two sets of instructions ok?

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #

I think two sets are good. Having it in the faq makes it a convenient place to direct folks down the road if /when it comes up again.

Plus your instructions are better.

Gassho

Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    Last edited by Shinshi; 07-08-2019 at 10:14 PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Shi View Post
    Yay, it worked!

Thank you for sharing.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah

<contented sigh>

Gassho,
    Sekishi

#sat #lah

For me photography is a meditation-- I have a great book-- The Tao of Photography. Originally published for and with film, the book is mostly large color prints, one gains the expansiveness of photography and the Yin/ Yang of this universe. Where is it we travel as human kind? Photos show the beauty of landscape, nature, and scenic photography. The grail of vision attainable by the person with the camera-- consider even the pin hole camera-- a tool for film, and 35 mm film is obtainable at discount stores. The glory of Kodachrome is gone but today we have Fuji Film and hundreds of thousands of ways to use the old reliable relics of the past. I own a Canon Rebel film camera with two zoom lenses and electronic flash. Life can be sweet again with a role of 35 mm film and a camera.

From 67 yr-old
    Tai Shi
    sat
    Gassho
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 07-08-2019 at 11:16 PM. Reason: punctuation/ spelling

What I'm reading. #sattoday

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk
    Oh, yeah. If I didn't have inner peace, I'd go completely psycho on all you guys all the time.
    Carl Carlson

Never saw in person before. Special moment for me.

Gassho
    Kim
    St

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Quote Originally Posted by bayamo View Post
    What I'm reading. #sattoday

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk
    I'm still away, just happened to see this. Interested to know more about this book. Looks good.

I'm reading "Bringing the Sacred to Life" - small book, travels well.

Gassho
    Kim
    St

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
    My life is my temple and my practice.

View of the other end of the hut, which is an 8X10' hut (former playhouse). The laptop has a dead keyboard but the camera and trackpad are fine, so Hangouts happily watches the room from there.

IMG_1409.JPG

gassho
    doyu sat/lah
    Visiting unsui: use salt

PORT RIVER SHIPWRECKS

If this pic works (and if people are interested), I'll upload some photos of my kayaking expedition along the Port River, about an hour from my house. Not only does it contain numerous wrecks but is also a dolphin sanctuary. They are not scared of small boats and will swim directly under you. They are such beautiful creatures.
    This is the remains of the Santiago. The Santiago was a 455-ton barque launched in 1856. It was built by Henry Balfour of Methil, Fife for the Liverpool shipping company Balfour Williamson. It sailed mainly between Liverpool and Chile, but also to Australia. Its remnant hull which lies in a ship's graveyard in South Australia is considered to be 'the oldest intact iron hull sailing vessel in the world.

Santiago starboard.jpg

Gassho.
    Rob.

ST

Quote Originally Posted by Rob H View Post
    PORT RIVER SHIPWRECKS

If this pic works (and if people are interested), I'll upload some photos of my kayaking expedition along the Port River, about an hour from my house. Not only does it contain numerous wrecks but is also a dolphin sanctuary. They are not scared of small boats and will swim directly under you. They are such beautiful creatures.
    This is the remains of the Santiago. The Santiago was a 455-ton barque launched in 1856. It was built by Henry Balfour of Methil, Fife for the Liverpool shipping company Balfour Williamson. It sailed mainly between Liverpool and Chile, but also to Australia. Its remnant hull which lies in a ship's graveyard in South Australia is considered to be 'the oldest intact iron hull sailing vessel in the world.

Santiago starboard.jpg

Gassho.
    Rob.

ST
    Hi Rob,

Really cool stuff. My experience with wrecks is more of a diving destination - kind of crazy seeing it still above the water line. I am really envious of you being able to spend time with Dolphins.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rob H View Post
    PORT RIVER SHIPWRECKS

Santiago starboard.jpg

Gassho.
    Rob.

ST
    Sweet!
    I remember sailboarding at Port Adelaide as part of some kind of 'take poor kids from Elizabeth out for the day' thing back in the early 80's. The only wrecks I've been close to were on Moreton Island here in Queensland. They too are partially above water and are a sanctuary area. I've snorkelled and done a bit of freediving on them. It's beautiful but there is a deep channel between the beach and the wrecks that often has very poor visability. To say I shit myself while swimming to the wrecks from shore is an understatement as Moreton Bay is home to many Tiger Sharks and Bull Sharks.
    Keep the awesome pictures and history coming, I miss South Australia so much.
    Gassho
    Anna

Sat today/Lent a hand
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    Sweet!
    I remember sailboarding at Port Adelaide as part of some kind of 'take poor kids from Elizabeth out for the day' thing back in the early 80's. The only wrecks I've been close to were on Moreton Island here in Queensland. They too are partially above water and are a sanctuary area. I've snorkelled and done a bit of freediving on them. It's beautiful but there is a deep channel between the beach and the wrecks that often has very poor visability. To say I shit myself while swimming to the wrecks from shore is an understatement as Moreton Bay is home to many Tiger Sharks and Bull Sharks.
    Keep the awesome pictures and history coming, I miss South Australia so much.
    Gassho
    Anna

Sat today/Lent a hand
    Hi Anna
    I grew up in Elizabeth - Harvey Rd, Elizabeth Grove to be exact but only for my first 5 years of life. So a good 40 years ago lol.
    I too, would be struggling to remain calm swimming to the Morton wrecks. I have a phobia about sharks. They are beautiful creatures but I prefer them from a distance!
    I'm glad you enjoyed the pic. I'll continue to post more and provide a little info for the ones that I can.

Gassho.
    Rob.

ST

PORT RIVER SHIPWRECKS
    Oregon Pine (Dorothy H Sterling) was a six-masted lumber schooner completed in 1920, which was built as a result of the shipbuilding efforts associated with World War I. She sailed in the West Coast lumber trade, bringing lumber from the Columbia River to Shanghai and Port Adelaide, Australia. It was completed in 1920, as part of a contract by the Emergency Fleet Commission "for 12 hulls of its own design, to be delivered without engines. There were no cancellations." Her name was to be Cotys, with a sister ship of Cossa, both six-masted schooners. Upon completion, the schooners were renamed Oregon Pine and Oregon Fir, and later in their careers, Dorothy H. Sterling and Helen B. Sterling, respectively. The schooners were chartered for offshore voyages from the Columbia River with lumber. The two ships were of identical specifications: 2,526 tons, 267 ft. long, with a capacity of 2,225,000 feet of lumber. In 1928, the Dorothy H Sterling carried lumber from Puget Sound to Port Adelaide, Australia. There she was "libelled for harbor dues and crew wages." The ship was broken up in Port Adelaide in 1930 and her remains were towed to the Garden Island Ships' graveyard near Port Adelaide on 6 June 1932 where they remain to the present time.
    18903-max.jpg
    DHS 5.jpg

Gassho.
    Rob.

ST

Coming to Seisho-ji temple.

International Zen temple at Tokyo.

Very big temple at city side.

Gassho
    LAH sat today
    Kakunen

At our 1st temple Sojiji.

LAH
    Gassho sat today
    Kakunen

Cool photo I took at San Antonio Zoo.

Gasho, Jishin, __/stlah\__

Recent visit to botanical garden in San Antonio.

Random Photo Thread

Just a normal day at work.

Edit:

Gassho
    Sattoday
    Hoseki
    Last edited by Hoseki; 07-24-2019 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Just a normal day at work.

Attachment 5847

Edit:

Gassho
    Sattoday
    Hoseki
    Sorry Hoseki, the link does not work for me ....

Gassho/SatToday
    流道
    Ryū Dou

Quote Originally Posted by Ryudo View Post
    Sorry Hoseki, the link does not work for me ....

Gassho/SatToday
    I think I got it now.

Thanks for letting me know.

Gassho

Sattoday

Hoseki

Quote Originally Posted by Jishin View Post
    Fort Worth botanical garden.
    Those pictures are very beautiful. Any chance the Botanical Garden will let people live there?

Those pictures are very beautiful. Any chance the Botanical Garden will let people live there?
    I wish. The only non plant residents look like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Jishin View Post
    I wish. The only non plant residents look like this:
    Well if you hear that they need a real live garden Gnome let me know. I'm grab my bindle and get down there.

Well if you hear that they need a real live garden Gnome let me know. I'm grab my bindle and get down there.
    Lol.

San Antonio Zoo.

Fort Worth Zoo.

On the street.

San Antonio Zoo.

Lovely colors.

Beautiful animals and flowers.

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Lovely colors.

Beautiful animals and flowers.

Gassho, J

STLah
    Thank you!

Jishin, I really like the series of pictures you’ve posted over the past few days. They are so vivid and eye catching.

Thank you for sharing

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast