Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354
Results 2,651 to 2,691 of 2691

Thread: Random Photo Thread

  1. #2651
    beautiful
    仁道 生開 - Jindo Shokai "Open to life in a benevolent way"
    May we all grow together in our knowledge of the Dharma

  2. #2652

  3. #2653
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanrin View Post
    Neon grasshopper.
    Great capture!

    Gasho, Jishin, __/stlah\__

  4. #2654
    fullsizeoutput_3e7.jpegfullsizeoutput_3f2.jpeg

    A tobacco horn caterpillar soon to be a sphinx moth.
    Black swallowtail butterfly

    Gassho
    STlah
    James

  5. #2655
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanrin View Post
    Neon grasshopper.

    Wow, he's a beauty. (Or she is).

    Gassho
    STlah
    James

  6. #2656

    Random Photo Thread

    Dallas Zoo.

    IMG_0004.jpg


    Gassho, Jishin, __/stlah\__
    Last edited by Jishin; 09-12-2019 at 01:17 AM.

  7. #2657

    Random Photo Thread

    Dallas Zoo.
    IMG_0107.jpg


    Gassho, Jishin, __/stlah\__
    Last edited by Jishin; 09-12-2019 at 02:20 AM.

  8. #2658
    Texas Zoos.

    Gassho, Jishin, __/stlah\__




    Last edited by Jishin; 09-15-2019 at 07:56 PM.

  9. #2659
    Mandrills are beautiful and so photogenic.

    Gassho, Jishin, __/stlah\__

  10. #2660
    Mandrills are beautiful and so photogenic.

    gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    仁道 生開 - Jindo Shokai "Open to life in a benevolent way"
    May we all grow together in our knowledge of the Dharma

  11. #2661
    Mandrills are beautiful and so photogenic.
    Awesome...
    Gassho
    Washin
    st
    Kaido (有道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything what I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

  12. #2662
    Nanrin, that is beautiful! Thank you for sharing. /\

    Jishin, wonderful photography as well! /\

    Gassho
    Kendrick
    Sat
    “Life and death are of supreme importance. Time swiftly passes by and opportunity is lost. Each of us should strive to awaken. Awaken! Take heed, do not squander your life.” ― Dōgen

  13. #2663
    Beautiful!

    Mateus
    Sat today/LAH

  14. #2664
    2141AD5C-04BB-412D-A64D-5B1F188878A1.jpeg

    Bowl of apples on my kitchen table. Was sitting here and thought it would be a good photo. I purchased the bowl from a flea market a year or two ago and sanded it down, stained it, etc. I was really attracted to the crack down this side. I love that it is technically broken but still completely functional.

    Gassho
    Kendrick
    Sat/lah
    “Life and death are of supreme importance. Time swiftly passes by and opportunity is lost. Each of us should strive to awaken. Awaken! Take heed, do not squander your life.” ― Dōgen

  15. #2665
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    2141AD5C-04BB-412D-A64D-5B1F188878A1.jpeg

    Bowl of apples on my kitchen table. Was sitting here and thought it would be a good photo. I purchased the bowl from a flea market a year or two ago and sanded it down, stained it, etc. I was really attracted to the crack down this side. I love that it is technically broken but still completely functional.

    Gassho
    Kendrick
    Sat/lah
    Beautiful picture Kendrick.

    Gassho, Jishin, __/stlah\__

  16. #2666

  17. #2667
    Eat, sleep, and treeleaf. _()_

    0.jpg

    gassho
    doyu sat/lah today
    特別な人ではない

  18. #2668
    Member Hoseki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    St. John's Newfoundland, Canada.


    Hi folks,

    I had to take a trip around the bay a few weeks ago. I managed to take a nice picture while I was there.

    Gassho
    Hoseki
    Sattoday


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  19. #2669
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post


    Hi folks,

    I had to take a trip around the bay a few weeks ago. I managed to take a nice picture while I was there.

    Gassho
    Hoseki
    Sattoday


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Great photo!

    Gassho Kyotai
    St

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    I am a student at Treeleaf. Please take what I say with a grain of salt. Gassho

  20. #2670
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post


    Hi folks,

    I had to take a trip around the bay a few weeks ago. I managed to take a nice picture while I was there.

    Gassho
    Hoseki
    Sattoday


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Very nice!

    Gassho, Jishin, __/stlah\__

  21. #2671
    Member Hoseki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    St. John's Newfoundland, Canada.
    Thanks! I hadn’t been to Carbonear in maybe 15 or 20 years so I thought I would drive around for bit and the view from there was pretty nice.

    Gassho
    Hoseki
    Sattoday


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #2672
    His holy Dudeness guards our home.

    IMG_20190919_093008.jpg

    The Dude Abides!

    Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

  23. #2673

    Random Photo Thread



    Two swans!



    Gassho, Jishin, __/stlah\__

  24. #2674
    As always, Jishin, your photos are breathtaking beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Sai today

  25. #2675
    Quote Originally Posted by mateus.baldin View Post
    As always, Jishin, your photos are breathtaking beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Sai today
    Muito obrigado Mateus!

    Gassho, Jishin, __/stlah\__

  26. #2676
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyonin View Post
    His holy Dudeness guards our home.

    IMG_20190919_093008.jpg

    The Dude Abides!

    Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    This is awesome!

    Gassho, Jishin, __/stlah\__

  27. #2677
    Jishin, outstanding and captures the character perfectly.

    _()_

    gassho
    doyu sat today
    特別な人ではない

  28. #2678
    Quote Originally Posted by Doyū View Post
    Jishin, outstanding and captures the character perfectly.

    _()_

    gassho
    doyu sat today
    Thank you!

    Gassho, Jishin, __/stlah\__

  29. #2679
    This is pretty random, and a pretty neat coincidence considering our bilingual zazenkai this weekend with Kyonin. It's Hispanic Heritage Month in the US. I was at Lincoln Home National Historic Site this weekend and they had a display up about the Mexican-American War in the 1840s and then-Congressman Abraham Lincoln's position on it (spoiler alert: he was against it.)

    MCTSIL.jpg

    They gave several of the scheduled tours of Lincoln's Home in Spanish last weekend, too!

    Gassho

    Jen

    ST

  30. #2680
    I went to the park on a chilly morning with every intention of looking at pretty flowers, but ended up sort of entranced by these steaming piles of mulch!

    mulch.jpg

    Nenka

    ST

  31. #2681
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenka View Post
    I went to the park on a chilly morning with every intention of looking at pretty flowers, but ended up sort of entranced by these steaming piles of mulch!

    mulch.jpg

    Nenka

    ST
    Nenka,
    Nice picture. I love a fresh pile of steaming mulch.

    Gassho
    STlah
    James

  32. #2682
    A couple of Texas residents.



    Gassho, Jishin, __/stlah\__

  33. #2683
    Quote Originally Posted by Jishin View Post
    A couple of Texas residents.



    Gassho, Jishin, __/stlah\__
    Jishin,

    Bevo?!?

    Gassho
    STlah
    James

  34. #2684
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Jishin,

    Bevo?!?

    Gassho
    STlah
    James
    No. Not Bevo, the University of Texas mascot. Just a random long horn.

    Gassho, Jishin, __/stlah\__

  35. #2685
    Quote Originally Posted by Jishin View Post
    No. Not Bevo, the University of Texas mascot. Just a random long horn.

    Gassho, Jishin, __/stlah\__
    Jishin,
    They’re beauties. Just like all of your photos.

    Gassho
    STlah
    James

  36. #2686
    Thank you James!

    Gassho, Jishin, __/stlah\__

  37. #2687
    A couple of Texas residents.

    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...037685583a.jpg

    Gassho, Jishin, __/stlah\__
    Just beautiful

    Gassho
    Washin
    sat/lah
    Kaido (有道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything what I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

  38. #2688
    Ha! Love it, Kyonin.

    _/|\_

  39. #2689
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Jishin,

    Bevo?!?

    Gassho
    STlah
    James
    Does this count as "Finding the Ox"?

    (Note: our family Semintal herd had some short horn influence, I always dreamed of raising Longhorns though!)

    Gassho,

    Junkyo

    SAT

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  40. #2690
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkyo View Post
    Does this count as "Finding the Ox"?

    (Note: our family Semintal herd had some short horn influence, I always dreamed of raising Longhorns though!)

    Gassho,

    Junkyo

    SAT

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk


    Dunno but here is a description:

    https://blog.buddhagroove.com/zen-ox...enlightenment/

    First Glimpse of the Ox. This refers to a person’s first “spiritual experience,” or satori (flash of insight.) It can take the form of an epiphany, Oneness-awareness while out in nature, a near-death experience, or kundalini during meditation. The “glimpse” makes an impact and inspires us to continue on the journey.

    Gassho, Jishin, __/stlah\__

  41. #2691
    Quote Originally Posted by Washin View Post
    Just beautiful

    Gassho
    Washin
    sat/lah
    Thank you!

    Gassho, Jishin, __/stlah\__

Similar Threads

  1. Flickr Photo Group
    By Skye in forum TREELEAF COMMUNITY: Topics about Zazen, Zen, Buddhism & MORE ZAZEN!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-09-2008, 04:44 PM
  2. Desk Photo
    By wills in forum TREELEAF COMMUNITY: Topics about Zazen, Zen, Buddhism & MORE ZAZEN!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 02:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •