Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: ARTS: Random Photo Thread

I'm verysorry for your loss, Shingen. Will be thinking of you.

_/\_
    Ade

Sat today

Mp
    Thank you Shugen and Ade ... you all are truly a wonderful Sangha. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday

Yugen
    Shingen,
    How wonderful that you shared this - thank you so much!

Deep bows
    Yugen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Elgwyn View Post
    ... I don't want to rush things and I feel more comfortable as a junior member of Treeleaf.
    Hi Elgwyn,

We actually have no "junior" or "senior" members here. Please put that out of your mind. (I think the forum software calls someone a "senior member" when they have a certain number of posts or the like. That is a problem with the software, and we should see about doing away with that).

Priests here are in no way "senior". They are, if anything, in a role of service, and should be humble in being so. Perhaps all are members are "senior" and priests are "junior." Let us all be senior and junior to each other at once! Master Nanquan once said that, were he to meet a child of three years old who could teach him, he would become the child’s pupil, and if he were to meet someone over a hundred years old whom he could teach, then he would teach that person. That's the right attitude!

Gassho, J

SatToday
    Last edited by Jundo; 01-20-2015 at 05:14 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Shingen,
    sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing this!

Jundo, you can actually change how members are called in various 'stages' in the forum admin. Eventually I feel I might always stay a junior member anyway each time I learn something I get more junior

Gassho

Vincent / Ongen

Ongen (音源) - Sound Source

Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
    Attachment 2331

This is my dear granny, my dear friend, my trusted teacher who left this world this month. I took this photo last year when I went and visited her ... she had a way with animal, a clear and kind heart. You see, my dog Bodhi who is on her lap is a rescue from Mexico. I had been working with him as he was afraid of his own shadow, but that day when I took granny out for some Starbucks (she loved a good cup of Earl Grey and a scone) he just climbed up onto her lap and laid down - It brought happy tears to my eyes. =)

From that moment Bodhi and I spent time chatting with the other folks in the care facility and that little guy shined. It was amazing to see the transformation and the joy it brought. So I decided to work towards getting Bodhi trained as a companion dog ... we are still in the process as his confidence still needs some work, but he is doing amazing, truly coming into his own. Part of my goal/practice is to share this little guys beautiful spirit with folks who are maybe feeling alone or need a smile on their face and in their hearts. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday
    So sorry to hear about your loss. That is a beautiful picture of your grandma. Your story about your grandma and Bodhi's connection and how that inspired you to share Bodhi with others sure put a smile on my face this morning. Deepest bows to you my brother. I will sit for you and your family today.

..sat2day•

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    So sorry to hear about your loss. That is a beautiful picture of your grandma. Your story about your grandma and Bodhi's connection and how that inspired you to share Bodhi with others sure put a smile on my face this morning. Deepest bows to you my brother. I will sit for you and your family today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yugen View Post
    How wonderful that you shared this - thank you so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ongen View Post
    sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing this!
    Hello everyone,

Thank you for your kind words, I am always touched by the love and support this Sangha provides without question. =)

Deep bows
    Shingen

SatToday

Joyo
    Attachment 2331

This is my dear granny, my dear friend, my trusted teacher who left this world this month. I took this photo last year when I went and visited her ... she had a way with animal, a clear and kind heart. You see, my dog Bodhi who is on her lap is a rescue from Mexico. I had been working with him as he was afraid of his own shadow, but that day when I took granny out for some Starbucks (she loved a good cup of Earl Grey and a scone) he just climbed up onto her lap and laid down - It brought happy tears to my eyes. =)

From that moment Bodhi and I spent time chatting with the other folks in the care facility and that little guy shined. It was amazing to see the transformation and the joy it brought. So I decided to work towards getting Bodhi trained as a companion dog ... we are still in the process as his confidence still needs some work, but he is doing amazing, truly coming into his own. Part of my goal/practice is to share this little guys beautiful spirit with folks who are maybe feeling alone or need a smile on their face and in their hearts. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday
    Shingen, my dear brother and friend, your post brought tears to my eyes. Much metta to you, your granny, and little Bodhi. Your granny is still here, she lives through you and all the lives that you reach out to help.

Deep bows,
    Joyo
    sat today

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyo View Post
    Shingen, my dear brother and friend, your post brought tears to my eyes. Much metta to you, your granny, and little Bodhi. Your granny is still here, she lives through you and all the lives that you reach out to help.
    Thank you Joyo ... I said this to Jundo,

She said to me once, she was happy to see that I have found my place. I asked her what she meant and she replied, "when you talk about your teacher and your practice, you light up." =)
    It makes me happy that I am able to share this experience and teaching with you all. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Shingen,

Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Gassho,

Jiken

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Daido View Post
    Shingen,

Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Gassho,

Jiken
    Thank you my friend. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday

IMG_2194.jpg

I took this picture years ago, but it kept coming to mind over the last week. This was during a visit to a Buddhist temple in Japan, the monk was really sweet and took us into the backroom where this large wooden Buddha was housed.

Gassho,

Shoka
    Sat Today

Quote Originally Posted by Meishin View Post
    Found art

Attachment 2325

Gassho
    Meishin
    sat today
    Oh, I love this! I wish the kid's name hadn't been obscured, because it's a poem to be proud of. It's from Highlights for Children, I think? There's some good ones in there. I still have a few I cut out and saved from . . . well, years ago:

Haiku

I saw a big rock.
    I studied it carefully.
    It was a turtle.

Scott Jaffee, Age 8
    Parlin, NJ

Blueberries

At the bottom of my pail
    All in a row
    Like an audience.

Philip Steckling, Age 5
    Holland, Michigan

Gassho

Jen

ST

Alberta, Canada...beside the Rocky Mouintains
    Quote Originally Posted by dharmasponge View Post
    The Somerset Levels near were I live in the South West of England. Took this on a bike ride this evening

...I'm sure I have a better one somewhere ...isn't quite that moody here
    Thanks for this picture, I like to keep tabs on the country where I was born. I usually check the Guardian online every morning even tho' I am away in Western Canada. I hope you were not one of those flooded in the levels last year. My old hometown in South Devon was in the news a lot...Dawlish and the vanishing railroad.

Gassho
    Christopher
    Satoday

Alberta, Canada...beside the Rocky Mouintains
    Attachment 2331

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday
    Sorry I did not offer my condolences when we were in contact at that time. I have yet to get into the know where to look for Sangha news. I am sorry to hear of your loss of the lovely lady.

It will be a great joy for you to be able to take Bodhi to companion dog places. I hope he gets over his fears. We have had dogs that you could trust with anyone; one we had to have euthenised last March was fearless and loved everyone. Her protige, Emmy, is going to be eleven this summer and has recently taken to nipping people...not a bite but an instruction to 'mind the dog'.

Gassho
    Christopher
    Satoday
    Last edited by Christopher; 01-23-2015 at 02:13 AM.

Sorry for the delay in posting this Shingen…
    I´m really sorry for your loss. As another Sangha friends said, your granny lives in you.
    Gassho
    Miguel
    #Sat Today

Mp
    Christopher and Miguel,

Thank you for your kind words ... my granny was a wonderful lady and I hope I can pass on the wonderful teachings she has shared with me with others. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday

Shingen,

Much metta. Thank you for sharing the photo. Will light incense for her.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyonin View Post
    Shingen,

Much metta. Thank you for sharing the photo. Will light incense for her.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Kyonin, thank you my friend. =)

Deep bows
    Shingen

SatToday

We have a new houseguest.

A zenchilla!

Hogen
    法眼

#SatToday

Shingen,

I'm behind in my forum reading, so just saw this. You speak of your granny often and I was glad to see a picture of her (especially with Bodhi). Much metta to you and everyone who loved her. I have no doubt she will live on in your teachings.

Deep bows my friend.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Sat today

tonight we got snow

Attachment 2335

Gassho, Ernst
    Sat today

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosho View Post
    Shingen,

I'm behind in my forum reading, so just saw this. You speak of your granny often and I was glad to see a picture of her (especially with Bodhi). Much metta to you and everyone who loved her. I have no doubt she will live on in your teachings.

Deep bows my friend.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Sat today
    Dosho,

Thank you my friend, that means a lot. =)

Deep bows
    Shingen

Just about to sit

Mp
    Here is me little Bodhi doing what he likes to do best, chill! =)

... and yes, we do pick up orbiting satellites with is ears! LOL

10624659_991054170923524_3767109781576302454_n.jpg

Gassho
    Shingen

Gassho
    Shingen
    Lol, love those ears!

..sat2day•

Teeth are also impermanent.

I got a terrible and painful infection.

I got a teeth removed.

I got bracers.

I got lots of pain.

Now I got a metal smile.

Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Mp
    Now I got a metal smile.
    But still a great smile. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday

Kyotai

Gassho
    Shingen
    Can he pick up the discovery channel with those ears?

Gassho, Kyotai
    Sat today

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyotai View Post
    Can he pick up the discovery channel with those ears?

Gassho, Kyotai
    Sat today
    Hey sure can from the Discovery space station!

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday

I got a teeth removed.

I got bracers.

I got lots of pain.

Now I got a metal smile.
    Oh my, now folks are going to say we Ordain teenagers around here! (Sorry it was because you had to have your teeth pulled!)

Ya know, maybe one reason I first liked living in Japan is that crooked teeth are considered "cute". Since my parents never could afford braces back in the day, I have learned to like my crooked smile. See the resemblance? Can you tell which one is me?

Why are Japanese women paying hundreds of pounds to make perfectly straight teeth look crooked and fang-like? The look, known as the 'yaeba' look, is well-liked by men who find it 'childlike' Cosmetic procedure involves attaching mini-fangs to canine teeth Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz3QH0XIf71
    Gassho, J

SatToday
    Last edited by Jundo; 01-30-2015 at 03:59 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Oh my, now folks are going to say we Ordain teenagers around here! (Sorry it was because you had to have your teeth pulled!)

Ya know, maybe one reason I first liked living in Japan is that crooked teeth are considered "cute". Since my parents never could afford braces back in the day, I have learned to like my crooked smile.
    Hi Jundo!

I have been laughing at the whole stuff since the dentist suggested the bracers, because yes, that's only for teenagers who want some pain in their lives. The obvious option was to put an implant, but that is way too expensive.

The infection took years to develop. It first killed the tooth, that's why it never hurt, but it grew and displaced all the lower teeth. After having the tooth pulled out, there was is finally room to put the other teeth back in place.

Oh and Japanese girls look absolutely lovely!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Yugen
    A snowbank outside my coffee shop this morning

Deep bows
    Yugen

Cute. Do you have a family. When my daughter was young she would have loved this. Elgwyn. sat today Gassho.
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

We lost my dear daughter's grandmothers both a little over 3 years ago, and my heart goes out to you, Gassho Elgwyn
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Kyotai
    A snowbank outside my coffee shop this morning

Deep bows
    Yugen

Me too!

Gassho, Kyotai
    Sat today

Yugen
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyotai View Post
    Me too!

Gassho, Kyotai
    Sat today
    Nectar of life!

Deep bows
    Yugen

Kyotai
    Liquid gold as my wife calls it.

Gassho, Kyotai
    Sat today

Mp
    Nectar of life!
    Oh yes ...

pQVex8J.jpg

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday

Oh and Japanese girls look absolutely lovely!
    Yes, both of them.

Oh by the way, when I browsed Treeleaf the first time, I really thought Kyonin was a teenager - 18, 19 maybe .

Other people would - or better, have - made a business from that: fasting, running, coffee...
    You could maybe make a good book or comic of it: the sitting priest who runs on coffee.

Kyonin, I hope it does not hurt too much. May you be at ease through your ills.

Gassho,
    Danny
    #sattoday

Question: Why do people like coffee? To me it's vile...just don't get it.

Gassho,
    Dosho (the Heretic)

Sat today

Joyo

I got a teeth removed.

I got bracers.

I got lots of pain.

Now I got a metal smile.

Oohh, I can so relate!!! I've had 4 teeth pulled, braces, and 4 gum surgeries where skin from the roof of my mouth was cut off and sewn to my gums. Whenever I hear about someone having pain at the dentist I cringe. Ouchie!!!!!

Hope your braces don't hurt too much, I actually did not find them bad at all.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

Joyo
    WIN_20140714_175445.jpg This was my first tattoo, I got it in the summer in memory of my little dog Rudy who died this past July. I was so nervous to get it but it didn't hurt too much.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

Yugen
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosho View Post
    Question: Why do people like coffee? To me it's vile...just don't get it.

Gassho,
    Dosho (the Heretic)

Sat today
    Dear Heretic,
    Somehow, writing "I like tea" in the snow doesn't evoke the same visceral response....

Deep bows
    The Inquisitor

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Dear Heretic,
    Somehow, writing "I like tea" in the snow doesn't evoke the same visceral response....
    How about:
    "Tea or NOTHING"
    "Oolong or go home!"
    "Matcha? You betcha!"
    "Assam NOW!"

We tea people need to rise up. No more stereotypes about raised pinkies!

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sattoday
    #teatoday
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Yugen

Random Photo Thread

Have a blast with gunpowder green!

Deep bows
    Yugen

#st

This will be the theme song for the Lapsang Souchong Revolution:

Not that I've stayed awake at night plotting such things... :-P

"Darjeeling or Don't"

I am done now. Sorry everyone.

Hope you feel better Kyonin!

Gassho,
    Sekishi And Tea
    #sattoday

Quote Originally Posted by Joyo View Post
    WIN_20140714_175445.jpg This was my first tattoo, I got it in the summer in memory of my little dog Rudy who died this past July. I was so nervous to get it but it didn't hurt too much.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today
    Awesome Joyo!

I am going to a tattoo convention today and enter some of my work. I loves tats. The more the merrier.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422717860.730809.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422717906.234442.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422717931.064054.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422717999.614699.jpg

Gassho, Jishin, _/st\_

Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast