Thread: No need to worry

No need to worry

“If there is no solution to the problem then don't waste time worrying about it. If there is a solution to the problem then don't waste time worrying about it.” ~Dalai Lama
    I always loved this saying. No matter what happens to us, no matter what arises out of the moment we are in, we should never let that disturb our inner sense of stillness and peace.

There is no need to argue or push away what arises, for that will not make it go away. Instead take what comes up and see where you can go from there...

Re: No need to worry

Once I had a very dark time in my life. It was dark because of my own attachments, of course.

And a good friend of mine said these words that have been with me all the time ever since:

There will always be problems in life. And with or without you, they will get solved. So why worry?
    Those words are kind of like the once the Dalai Lama said. Thanks, Seiryu!

Work, therefore, to be able to say to every harsh appearance, "You are but an appearance and not absolutely the thing you appear to be." And then examine it by those rules which you have, and first, and chiefly, by this: whether it concerns the things which are in our own control, or those which are not; and, if it concerns anything not in our control, be prepared to say that it is nothing to you.
    Epictetus (AD55 - AD135) The Enchiridion

Easy in theory, hard in practice. But that is why we practice!

_/_

With you on that Matt.

I heard this quote from the Dalai Lama before and refer to it quite often when I find myself worrying about something too much.

Thanks,
    Jodi