Thread: One with the machines..

One with the machines..

Found this, and thought it was interesting.

He is one of my favorite scientist. I met him at my college, awesome guy.

[youtube] [/youtube]

Nindo

Re: One with the machines..

I'm with the very last audience comment. Plus, downloading 9 billion monkey minds into a giant super computer can only give you - a super monkey :roll:

Given the fact that the average human mind is pretty cluttered with what conditioning made out of it, I'm not curious to get all those brains merged into mine, I have enough conditioning to deal with already :-D
    Thanks Seiryu _()_
    Peter

Thanks Seiryu, Peter and especially Nindo _/_

Hi,

(i have posted some of the following before, but it remains true)

I have little doubt that we are the first species on earth to design and engineer the species that will replace it ... most likely that species will be a combination of our present human brain and bodies souped up with altered and improved DNA modifications, all of which will be combined with machinery. It is already happening, and will progress by leaps and bounds in the coming decades.

In fact, some of the robot scientists here in Tsukuba (this robot factory capital of Japan) predict much the same thing, such as this fellow at a plant about a mile from Treeleaf and his merging of the mechanical and biological ...

http://www.cyberdyne.jp/english/robotsuithal/index.html

(Yes, he named the suit HAL, yes the company has the name Cyberdyne ... creator of the terminator. Yes, the mad scientist behind it has a sense of humor!)

Robots and cyborgs can sit/live Shikantaza too. There can be cyborgs running programs with goalless goals, and with the ability to thoroughly pierce self and other. They might realize that their sense of "self" is a construct of circuits and data.

In fact, just as we are. 8)

Yes, I truly believe that we are but a stepping stone to the next species in evolution ... but a species we will design to replace us!

Gassho, J

PS - The cutest robot developed in Tsukuba is this one, and I have to admit I had a kind of strange attraction to her once. Is that a kind of android-philia? Am I a binari-sexual? Is there even a Precept to cover that yet? :shock:

[youtube] [/youtube]

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo
    PS - The cutest robot developed in Tsukuba is this one, and I have to admit I had a kind of strange attraction to her once. Is that a kind of android-philia? Am I a binari-sexual? Is there even a Precept to cover that yet? :shock:
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

This subjects blows my mind.

To evolve absorbing technology seems so sci fi, yet so plausible that it gives me the shivers... in a good way.

Oh and Michio Kaku is fantastic.

Jundo, do cute androids have Buddha nature?

And yes, the field of bionics, together with molecular medicine, are definitely the future for humanity. Whether or not that's a good thing remains to be seen.

Thanks for sharing Seiryu. I really enjoy Mr. Kaku's work on string theory and the singularity. He was here visiting the University of Minnesota a while back but I missed the event

Ready to join with them,
    John