Thread: Dalai Lama Bird Story

Dalai Lama Bird Story

There is a very profound message within this simple story.

[youtube] [/youtube]

Gassho

Seiryu

Re: Dalai Lama Bird Story

Thank you Seiryu,

Remarkable teaching because once again it shows that a real teacher is not afraid of showing his or her vulnerability. True or not, that story shows how ridiculous the mind and the behaviour of an experienced sitter can be. Comforting for the teacher ? Depressing for the student? :?
    You see, guys, the point is not to escape Samsara, to be clean of the daily junk, but to be able to let it fly and go as fast as it comes. And to develop a form of humour. Because it never ceases to come. Illusion is endless , so is the Buddhadharma.

gassho

Taigu

Hi.

_()_

Mtfbwy
    Fugen

Thanks for sharing this video, Seiryu.

Indeed, after death there is no hope for friendship.

Hi Seiryu,

Thanks for sharing this video. I've always liked and respected that feature of humbleness in him!

Gassho,
    John

Great post

I really liked that. the dalai lama is a great teacher. he is incredibly humble and he is just a man. i think that being human is something a lot of people forget how to do.

Gassho, Dojin.

Quote Originally Posted by Taigu
    Thank you Seiryu,

Remarkable teaching because once again it shows that a real teacher is not afraid of showing his or her vulnerability. True or not, that story shows how ridiculous the mind and the behaviour of an experienced sitter can be.
    Maybe I misheard, but isn't he recounting a story from his childhood?

Quote Originally Posted by Matto
    Quote Originally Posted by Taigu
    Thank you Seiryu,

Remarkable teaching because once again it shows that a real teacher is not afraid of showing his or her vulnerability. True or not, that story shows how ridiculous the mind and the behaviour of an experienced sitter can be.
    Maybe I misheard, but isn't he recounting a story from his childhood?
    I sometimes recount this story, but I was sitting near the front at a conference a few years ago in which the Dalai Lama was a participant. He suddenly let out an unexpected, booking sneeze that filled the auditorium in the middle of another speaker's presentation ... the Dalai's microphone having been accidently left on. The Dalai Lama just turned red in the face, laughing with ordinary human embarrassment. It was good to see.

Gassho, Jundo