Thread: Smoking Loon Bodhisattva

Smoking Loon Bodhisattva

I am partial to Smoking Loon wine when it's on sale, as tonight it was. I've read the back label before, but tonight it occurred to me it told the story of a bodhisattva.

"Besides his bein' kinda crazy, they called him the Smoking Loon 'cause he was so dam efficient," Jake began, stubbing out his cigar. "He'd take care of business an' get in an' out before anybody'd see him comin'... leavin' no trace 'cept the lingering sound of his eerie, loon-like cackle. No one was really sure who he was or who he worked for, but when word got out someone needed his services, the Smoking Loon just appeared on their doorstep, like outta thin air or somethin."
    May you be a bodhisattva smoking loon... Such is my aspiration, tho I have far to go, especially on the parts about appearing out of nowhere and leaving no trace and being efficient. Quite clunky, I am. Being crazy and the cackling, however, I think I got covered 8)

Re: Smoking Loon Bodhisattva

Quote Originally Posted by AlanLa
    I am partial to Smoking Loon wine when it's on sale, as tonight it was. I've read the back label before, but tonight it occurred to me it told the story of a bodhisattva.

"Besides his bein' kinda crazy, they called him the Smoking Loon 'cause he was so dam efficient," Jake began, stubbing out his cigar. "He'd take care of business an' get in an' out before anybody'd see him comin'... leavin' no trace 'cept the lingering sound of his eerie, loon-like cackle. No one was really sure who he was or who he worked for, but when word got out someone needed his services, the Smoking Loon just appeared on their doorstep, like outta thin air or somethin."
    May your bodhisattva activities be in less moderation than your wine drinking...
    Yes, some may take this 'teaching' in healthful moderation ... some should perhaps lay off completely as they don't know when to stop the 'teaching'. :?

Gassho, J

Agreed, Jundo, but you appeared sort of like a smoking loon with that reply. I was already editing when you replied, realizing some errors in phrasing and wanting some depth in the original anyway. Please refer to the new "original" post. Cheers!

Loon is our state bird!

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo

Yes, some may take this 'teaching' in healthful moderation ... some should perhaps lay off completely as they don't know when to stop the 'teaching'. :?

Gassho, J
    hahahhahhaahahhahahha

Josh wrote:
    Loon is our state bird
    Oh, with it being named the "Land of 10,000 Lakes" I thought is was the mosquito! :lol:

Gassho,
    John

*scratches legs*

*scratches legs*
    Good one :lol:

Gassho,
    John