Thread: 5/30 TRANSMISSION of the LIGHT: to Zhenxie

5/30 TRANSMISSION of the LIGHT: to Zhenxie

Hi.

A noisy student stands at the peak and sees it all, suddenly not so noisy anymore.

Cook from 237
    Hixon from 222

Gassho and Mtfbwy
    Shohei and Fugen

Re: 5/30 TRANSMISSION of the LIGHT: to Zhenxie

Hi,

I think I am a little lost here. Isn't this week's chapter supposed to be on Wu-Kung?

:s

Gassho,

Sunyatta

Sometimes students can be too clever for their own good. When I was a kid such cleverness got you sent out into the hall, but in ancient China it got you sent to the top of a mountain. Truly, enlightenment can happen anywhere.

Keizan seems to be running out of story ideas. Yet again we have a story about a teacher silencing a student before he can talk. And this story is also like the last one in how it deals with language. Some subtle differences within these similarities, true, but I never thought I'd miss the creativity from those old Indian stories with fungi and dragons, etc. :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Zen_Fire
    Hi,

I think I am a little lost here. Isn't this week's chapter supposed to be on Wu-Kung?

Gassho,

Sunyatta
    Same guy. From Keizan, Zhenxie was his Buddhist name and Wukong was his Zen master name. Why the two? I dunno?

Quote Originally Posted by AlanLa
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen_Fire
    Hi,

Gassho,

Sunyatta
    Same guy. From Keizan, Zhenxie was his Buddhist name and Wukong was his Zen master name. Why the two? I dunno?
    Perhaps its like Dharma name, and Way name?

Light by any other name is still light!

This could also be titled...
    "Shut up and move, your blocking the light"

The "right" time, the "right" words and gestures, gentle or rigid guidance repeated time and time, falling on our ears filled with our own chatter again until the that last bit of understanding lets go and we full realize what was right there all along.

Gassho
    Shohei

I just have a comment on the word primordial here....for me it has a mystical connotation. Surely this self-luminous nature must be quite extraordinary from a time long ago and far away. Yet the primordial time is simply right here, right now; this self-luminous nature is quite ordinary.

Gassho,
    BrianW/Jisen