Thread: Shout, shout, let it all out, these are the things....

Shout, shout, let it all out, these are the things....

I can do without.

That's actually from a Tears for Fears song. They were doing shouting therapy or something when they wrote it.

Anyway...

Most people forget that a shout is a big gust of air passing over your vocal chords. A shout can hurt you no more then...for example..."A big gust of air passing over your vocal chords."

Really most of the time there's no real need to shout. Waste of energy if you ask me. Perhaps, if there's someone trapped in a building, or if your working on a construction site with loud machinery, might be handy.

Gassho

Re: Shout, shout, let it all out, these are the things....

Infact, all words and expressions come from sound. Sound can be written in phonetics ie. [i] Which sounds like "ee" as in "bee".

Before there are words to form and sentences to understand, there are sounds. Those sounds can be used for many things. communication, expression, music, and so on. But rarely are they anything more then just sounds.
    When we hear a shout, we don't actually "hear" the shout. Most of the time we hear the "words" that are being shouted or feel the tension that is causing them. Zazen is more like hearing "between" the shout. Actually hearing the shout. Not the words involved.

Gassho