Buddhism teaches us that living with less simplifies our beings. the only reason that our way of life is not sustainable is because we feed a system that gives nothing back and takes so much from us that we have nothing left to give of our selfs. The solution to our problems is to immediately live as if you were free to live a peaceful life and to determine what you actually need.
When we no longer pursue things simply because we don’t have them than our beings will truly be free enough and our minds clear enough to accomplish things that are productive to being as a whole. “Only when we loose everything are we free to do anything."
Attachment is the the origin of all suffering, we feel as if we must own things that cause us suffering and cause suffering to all elements of existence on some level.
When we own a car we enslave ourselves to the up keep of our own ownership there of.
We consume a fuel that causes serious damage to the planet in order to extract and refine into usable form.
We support a system of corporations that exploit third world nations until their already low standard of living is decelerated to the point that the original poverty stricken lifestyle is pined for in comparison.
Such reflects how we love, how we work, how we make decisions that affect our families and so on.
All of these facets of our decision making must not be looked at considering the self.
when we live to serve others we find that our own concerns have already been considered by those we serve.
When we live to serve ourself we find that we have no one, just as we asked for.
When we reflect on ourself we ask the wrong questions.
“Do I drive the right car?”
“Do I wear the right cloths?”
“How do the people around me reflect on me?”

Never...

“How do I reflect on the people around me?”
“Do I act with wisdom?
“Do I give life with all I do?”

---------------------------------------------------

Any feed back about this one would be appreciated.
Dose it miss the point?