From time to time, the topic comes up of the great samenesses of Tibetan Dzogchen meditation practices and Shikantaza Zazen ... and the following certainly resonates with me such way ...

In fact, I would ask everyone to have a read, as folks around Treeleaf often hear Taigu and me describe these things again and again with our tired old words ... and it is good to hear expression from a fresh voice and new ways to put it all. Also, it is wonderful to know that these teachings are held by so many, in many Traditions. Please have a look if you can (the following is part of a longer article at Buddhadharma, The Practitioner's Quarterly, PDF)

https://sites.google.com/site/jundotree ... ects=0&d=1

Khenchen Thrangu Rinpoche is a meditation master in the Kagyu tradition of Tibetan Buddhism who has trained many prominent lineage figures, including the Seventeenth Karmapa. ... This teaching is adapted from his book, Vivid Awareness: The Mind Instructions of Khenpo Gangshar, translated and edited by David Karma Choephel, forthcoming in January from Shambhala Publications.

We had another thread recently on Tibetan practices echoing Shikantaza ... worth a listen too ...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3125&p=44559&hilit=dzogchen#p4 4559

Gassho, Jundo