Thread: mp3 Jundo and Taigu

mp3 Jundo and Taigu

Hi everybody,

Shawn was kind enough to turn many Treeleaf vids into Mp3 files.
    So If you wish to have a bit of the jokes of the stand up- sit down comedians Laurel and Hardy in between your ears...Here it is:

http://www.box.net/shared/74pv0uj2ui

gassho to all

Taigu

Re: mp3 Jundo and Taigu

Quote Originally Posted by Taigu
    Hi everybody,

Shawn was kind enough to turn many Treeleaf vids into Mp3 files.
    So If you wish to have a bit of the jokes of the stand up- sit down comedians Laurel and Hardy in between your ears...Here it is:

http://www.box.net/shared/74pv0uj2ui

gassho to all

Taigu
    Well, except for the visual gags.

Thank you Shawn. Sometimes it feels like the only time I have for talks is the drive to and from work. This will be very helpful.

Ron

Thanks Shawn!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Useful! Thanksya.

Admittedly this was for personal benefit but I am happy that it helps others as well. As I listen-to/convert more I will upload them to the share.

As a humorous side note, I loaded them up in my car today and my wife and kids got to enjoy Jundo's blender and equally musical melodica, not to mention Taigu's reference of having your anus point to the moon... :shock:

Gassho,

Shawn

Many ...many thanks Shawn! I love to listen to talks while driving. About a year a ago I taped a few talks using Sound Forge, but was lots of work recording and then outputting to mp3.

Gassho,
    Jisen, BrianW

Thanks Shawn! This is awesome. I listen to teisho's quite regularly during the daily commute.

Wow! Great work! Thank you Shawn

Gassho
    Shohei

Hi All,

Yesterday I was playing around with building these MP3's into a podcast feed and wanted to share my progress. After receiving a new Android(smart) phone I then had the ability to stream content and also see more information from RSS feeds. That being said, I turned the MP3s into a podcast for increased portability. So now you can get Jundo & Taigu Sit-A-Longs anywhere you are, streaming or download. What's especially nice is that the descriptions have the text from the forum and additionally, you can link back to the specific forum itself should you want to post on the subject.

Here is the base site for the feeds, though you shouldn't have to use this at all when you've brought the podcasts in:Treeleaf Podbean

Here are the links to the feeds if you would like to give it a try:

iTunes: itpc://treeleaf.podbean.com/feed
    RSS: http://treeleaf.podbean.com/feed

There is also a mobile site available, should you not have ability to receive RSS or iTunes podcasts on your mobile device, you can still get to them via Mobile web: http://treeleaf.podbean.com/mobile.

Here's a few screenshots of it in action:

Google Reader Menu of Talks
    Google Reader Screenshot of a selected talk
    iTunes Screenie of Feed
    Mobile Web Podcast List
    Mobile Web Podcast Selected

The two things that I'm working on at the moment to include:
    1. The ability to call the Tapatalk app directly from the podcast description. This would be cleaner than the browser for those of us that use Tapatalk.
    2. Including a direct link to the YouTube video in case you are using a smart phone and have YouTube access. This would give the added bonus of seeing Jundo & Taigu's happy faces.

Hope this may help others as much as I've enjoyed it playing with it.

Gassho,

Shawn

Thank you so much, Shawn!

This is one of those projects that was spoken about for a couple of years, but never accomplished ... until Shawn accomplished it!

Wonderful. I will look closely at this with Taigu and Co., and look how we can keep this going.

Nine Bows, and Deep Thanks for much Hard Work ... Jundo

Hello all,

this is really wonderful Shawn! Thank you for your hard work!

bows to you,
    Kelly/Jinmei

Gee, but now I will have to think that the visual props and gestures don't work "on the radio". Hmmmm. ops:

... And Teacher Such&Such drew a Great Enso in the air with his Horsehair Whisk ... but nobody saw, because it was on a podcast ... :shock:

Honestly, being as I researched and made the site yesterday, it really isn't that much work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo
    Gee, but now I will have to think that the visual props and gestures don't work "on the radio". Hmmmm. ops:
    As for the visual props, yes, this is somehow lost in translation. That's why it may be helpful to have a link back to the YouTube. I had listened to the podcast "Dumb Animal" but just had to go watch the video as well because I really wanted to meet Tin-Tin.

I suppose the 'problem' I was trying to solve was accessibility. At the end of the day, I prefer to watch the video and then sit, as intended.

Gassho,

Shawn

Very Nice! Thank you for all your work!

Ron

Very cool! Hopefully it's not too much of a burden on your time!

Quote Originally Posted by Matto
    Very cool! Hopefully it's not too much of a burden on your time!
    Nah...takes about 10 minutes. Jundo & Taigu are doing all the work, I just copy/paste.

Glad it's helpful...I'm loving it!

Gassho,

Shawn

Awesome! Thanks Shawn!

Gassho,
    John

Thanks, Shawn. Lately I've been doing the 'green thing' and riding the bus into town. This not only provides me with a pleasant way to reach work but also 30 minutes or so to listen to dharma talks, read, or simply just ride the bus.
    Many thanks.
    Gassho,
    Wes

Shawn,

This is sooooooo great.
    Thak you so much.

gassho

Taigu