Thread: RETREAT WEBPAGE SCHEDULE ARE UP! - All Ready to Go!

RETREAT WEBPAGE SCHEDULE ARE UP! - All Ready to Go!

CALLING ALL RE-TREE-TERS!

The webpage for our TREELEAF 'AT HOME' Two Day 'ALL ONLINE' ROHATSU (Buddha's Enlightenment Day) RETREAT, being held by LIVE NETCAST this weekend of December 4 and 5, 2010, containing links to both the LIVE NETCAST and 'ANY TIME' recordings, is ...

... UP AND READY TO GO!

http://www.treeleaf.org/sit-a-long/with ... 10---.html

SEE YOU THERE, AND LET's 'SIT-A-LONG'!

Gassho, Jundo and Taigu

Re: RETREAT WEBPAGE SCHEDULE ARE UP! - All Ready to Go!

Time now in Tsukuba, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan (JST) is 12:28am, Saturday, Dec. 4th...
    but who is counting?
    Gassho,
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Time now in Tsukuba, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan (JST) is 12:28am, Saturday, Dec. 4th...
    but who is counting?
    Gassho,
    Don
    Appparently, you are!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Hi Jundo,

thanks for putting this up. I really feel like a need a bit of an extra sitting period currently and it'll be great to know that some of you are sitting somewhere else, all in the same spirit.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that our heating system doesn't fail this year.

All the best to all of you!

Gassho,

Hans

See you there folks

Joe

I can't wait, yet I must. I am way SO busy until later that I'll probably do the retreat on the traditional holidays, the 24th and 25th; it's become my new non-traditional tradition. I find the idea of retreat on those days very comforting, yet that very idea is something to let go of on those days and now. Yeah, still working on that.

The retreat feels like it is going well. Just over 12 hours but it really seems much less.
    Just now between Zazen and Oryoki, Jundo asked us to drop him a message. But where? What is there to say?
    There is always this practice. It never ends. I've run out of words to express it.
    Thank you to Jundo for supporting us in this through this night (for me).
    Thank you to all those who are sitting, will sit, here or there, now or then.
    Gassho,
    Don

Hi all,

5:38am local time on the east coast of North America right after Oryoki...the brightest morning star I have ever seen is playing hide and seek with me through the clouds. Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Hello all,

It is early morning and I am starting my retreat with all of you. See you soon .

gassho,
    Kelly/Jinmei

Good job everyone! See you next shift!
    Gassho.

Plodding along with you all. Enjoying the clear cripsness of this retreat along with our first Winter snow fall, about 6 inches thus far since midnight. I'll be in-n-out of this retreat due to some other monastic duties, but I see it as all good practice ( to cite a friend ).

Gassho,

Seishin Kyrill

I was a little bit off on my timing for start, but sat real time. I had planned this all along but it ended working out.

Spent Friday morning and most of my sleep time dealing with phone calls I couldn't not take. My best friend and next door neighbor passed away Thursday morning. Sitting helped me a lot in dealing with my own mind so I could deal with his family.

To all who sat realtime with me a very deep Gassho, I cannot express how grateful I am for your support.

Jundo - Taigu, Everyone,

Thank you for the opportunity to sit this retreat with you all.

The moon has always been a powerful force with me. The earliest recollection I have of being truly aware of the Moon is as a 4 your old sitting in the back seat of of folks Pontiac Firebird Sedan on the way home from Litchfield to Washington, Connecticut one Autumn evening. The moon was full as I recall. I looked out the little side window on my side of the car and suddenlt saw the Moon dart out from behind a cloud into a clear dark sky. It was keeping pace with us as we drove down the road. As fast as we drove, it moved in the sky. When we stopped, it stopped. When we turned , it was now behind is following, even as we drove over the hills. And when we arrived home, there it was over our house. I wasn't ever afraid, but rather comforted that the Moon was following us. It was my friend. Even today I make a special effort to get outside at night to see the Moon when it is there to be seen, since now I understand the "movement" of the Moon.

The Buddha Moon is also always there keeping pace as we move along the road that is our life, and through the landscape we create in our journey. It stops when we do, and moves along with us when we move. The Buddha Moon is constant, there always for us to see and recognize if we have the time to understand its "movement".

Gassho,

Seishin Kyrill

Retreat ended allready?
    Thank you all for sitting with me. We must have generated a lot of energy with the combined meditations, all the snow disappeared!

Gassho

Joe