Thread: July 31st, 2010 Saturday Zazenkai (NOW 90 MINUTES!)

July 31st, 2010 Saturday Zazenkai (NOW 90 MINUTES!)

NOTE: THIS WEEK'S SITTING MUST BE A RE-SIT, AS I AM CALLED AWAY FOR OTHER OBLIGATIONS FOR A FEW DAYS. Jundo

PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW --90-- MINUTE SITTING SCHEDULE!!

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI... the entire sitting is recorded in 'REAL TIME' and available for full participation 'on demand' at any time after that, no different from the 'live' sitting :

'REAL TIME' recorded 'ANY TIME' version link is here:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8480411

OUR NEW 90 MINUTE SITTING SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English ONLY) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS, & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the words of the Chants we will recite at the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2231

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo

Re: July 31st, 2010 Saturday Zazenkai (NOW 90 MINUTES!)

I caught this session in advance, since I'm working nights & weekends this month. Good to sit with you all.

gassho,
    Chris

If anyone would like to join, I will be in the sitting hall at the appointed time (maybe this is a common practice already? :P )

Hope to see some of you! Gasshos,
    Taylor

I'll try to be in zen hall too; it not seems to like my mac sometimes, so we'll see if it works. Looking forward to it,
    _()_
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lin
    I'll try to be in zen hall too; it not seems to like my mac sometimes, so we'll see if it works. Looking forward to it,
    _()_
    Peter
    Try a few different camera options. I thought mine would be "built in" but it seems to like the USB camera a bit more, meh, go figure! See you all in 30!

Hi,
    I cannot sit with you all live because the laptop I need to borrow is rubbish at streaming. I will record onto stick and play later, but I will be there in spirit with you all.
    Gassho
    Joe

Thanks Peter (and everyone else) for sitting along! Now I just have to shake the feeling back into my legs :P

Taylor

Thank you Taylor, thank you Joe and Chris, thank you all who have being sitting,

It was my first zazenkai at treeleaf, but sure not my last :-)

_()_
    Peter

Just used the time warp facillity to sit Zazenkai. Good session, made me feel just as in touch as I used to when I could get to the Priory.
    Many thanks Jundo and everyone else.
    Joe

I worked all weekend and just finished sitting my first Zazenkai.

I watched the August 7th Zazenkai today and participated in this one to sort of prepare for my first Zazenkai in company.
    The only thing I had a challenge with was the Kinhin (this room is quite small). So borrowing a phrase from Fugen's signature line (It's all good practice), I did walking-meditation-in-place. It probably looked more like a military slow march, but heh, it was only me looking.
    Thank you very much for the provision of recorded sessions. See you Saturday (or Sunday morning for me).

Gassho,
    Don