Thread: May 22nd, 2010 Saturday Zazenkai

May 22nd, 2010 Saturday Zazenkai

Hi,

[FOR TECHNICAL REASONS, THIS SIT IS A RECORDED 'RE-SIT' OF A PREVIOUS ZAZENKAI. ALL THE SAME THOUGH DIFFERENT]!

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 1-hour ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE TODAY from 10pm Japan time (that is New York 9am, Los Angeles 6am, London 2pm and Paris 3pm, SATURDAY) ...
    ... and to be visible at the following link during those times ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at USTREAM:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sit-a-long-with-jundo

But FEAR NOT if not possible for you to join 'live' in your location at those times, as the entire sitting is recorded in 'REAL TIME' and available for full participation 'on demand' at any time after that, no different from the 'live' sitting :

'REAL TIME' recorded 'ANY TIME' version link is here:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/6405103

Our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen for approximately 40 minutes, 5 minutes of Kinhin, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the words of the Chants we will recite at the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2231

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo

Re: May 22nd, 2010 Saturday Zazenkai

Well at the end there Miss Tinki woke up my slumbering Sister Mary Chiquita, who went looking for the source of meow!!

Gassho,

Seishin Kyrill

Very good to sit with you all...feline and human alike.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Yes, today the cat knocked the wire off the modem ... putting us temporalily off the air. Then got out of the house, came into the Zendo at the end, jumped on the altar, and knocked one of the candles over ... almost setting us on fire!

We practice with what is ... Meow.

Jundo,

My cat Albie was sitting in my chair at the desk when your cat ran in... He was instantly fascinated as was his little butty, Yarrow "Shin`en" Katt. They sit zazenkai with us each week and have mastered Kinhin. The sent a fine furry Gassho to all friends and felines at Treeleaf Sangha!

I laughed out loud during the chants as ZMK kept mewing ...quite in time and at one point i peeked and caught the kitty rubbing your laptop then the candle thing... Welcome to my house x4 +dog +2 kids

Thank you...Purrfect!

Gassho
    Shohei