Thread: May 15th, 2010 Saturday Zazenkai

May 15th, 2010 Saturday Zazenkai

Hi,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 1-hour ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE TODAY from 10pm Japan time (that is New York 9am, Los Angeles 6am, London 2pm and Paris 3pm, SATURDAY) ...
    ... and to be visible at the following link during those times ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at USTREAM:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sit-a-long-with-jundo

But FEAR NOT if not possible for you to join 'live' in your location at those times, as the entire sitting is recorded in 'REAL TIME' and available for full participation 'on demand' at any time after that, no different from the 'live' sitting :

'REAL TIME' recorded 'ANY TIME' version link is here:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/6938700

Our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen for approximately 40 minutes, 5 minutes of Kinhin, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the words of the Chants we will recite at the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2231

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo

Re: May 15th, 2010 Saturday Zazenkai

Be there or be square, or round, or oblong, or here; it doesn't matter where or when, how far or how late, how loud or silent. :wink:

Gassho from the hermitage,

Seishin Kyrill

Be there or be sqaure...BTW, why is being a square bad?

I look forward to participating..

Gassho,

Lu

Quote Originally Posted by Dosho
    Be there or be sqaure...BTW, why is being a square bad?
    yes whats with hating on squares?!

To be safe ill be there...or here... w/e

Gassho
    Shohei

Myoshin

I'll be sitting around.

Gassho,
    Kyle

A lovely way to begin...or end, the day.

Gassho to all,

Seishin Kyrill

Nice to see and hear!
    Thank you.

Gassho
    Shohei

A great first Zazenkai with the Treeleaf Zendo.

Gassho,

Lu

Hi all,

A very great pleasure to sit with all of you.

Gassho,
    Dosho

P.S. Good to see you Kyle!

Hi everyone!
    I couldn't make it yesterday but I just finish to sit with the recorded version!
    Thanks to everyone!

gassho,
    Luis/jinyu

I'm not going to be able to do this live as my internet connection is too poor. Is there a way to download this onto my hardrive ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silva
    I'm not going to be able to do this live as my internet connection is too poor. Is there a way to download this onto my hardrive ?

Thanks
    NOTE: BUT SEE SHOHEI'S TIP BELOW. THANK YOU SHOHEI!

Hi Sylvie,

I have experimented with various software, but found no way to download the Ustream netcasts. They must be watched online (and we must use Ustream for those, as other options will not allow long and live netcasts).

I hope you can improve your internet connection. When you do you will find that they are all pretty much the same bowing and sitting ... week after week after week after week after week ... moment by moment by moment by moment ... 8)

Gassho, J

Hiyas
    Just a FYI you can download (if patience is there) the USTREAM stuff via Firefox using an addon called Download Helper. It allows dowloading of most any streaming content NOW just recently they added Ustream and i am currently downloading the FLV file. You will also need to download an flv player (google will provide a host of free ones for mac or pc). You still must visit the page in question and click play. once you do you will see a small coloufull icon spining with a number beside it near the address area. click and hold it and it shows you the media to download... xxxxxx.flv TADA you click download and off it goes (eventually,,, the content streams in and caches and the program holds it until its all done so you should do this before bed or when your not going to be on the computer.

Hope this helps some!

Gassho
    Shohei

Hi!
    I'm so glad to hear it is now possible to easily download from ustream... because I did in the past but it was VERY difficult and with a poor quality... But with this program (that I've got for month... just never tried with ustream :roll: ) it is very easy to download from Youtube or googlevideo... so I hope it will be the same with ustram...
    Anyway, Thank you Shohei!!!

gassho,
    Luis/Jinyu

Thank-you for your kind replies I shall set up download helper today and give it a try.

Thank-you for your kind replies I shall set up download helper today and give it a try.
    I have experience that, sometimes using dowloaders for Ustream, there is a picture ... but no sound. If you experience this, please let us know.

Here, we practice with what is ... including the Techno-Koan

Gassho, Jundo in Tech Support

During the day my internet download possibilities are limited however unlimited between 11pm - 7 am. I'll have to try tomorrow very early morning...

Thank-you

Dear Jundo and fellows,

All downloaded and working perfectly !
    Now to print out the chant sheet and I shall be fully operational!
    In future I will probably "join in" on monday mornings as I work all week-ends.
    This was already a big download so I don't know about the 4 hour zazenkai. Besides sitting longer will there be differences ?
    Thank-you all for helping me,

Sylvie

Dear Jundo and fellows,

All downloaded and working perfectly !
    Now to print out the chant sheet and I shall be fully operational!
    In future I will probably "join in" on monday mornings as I work all week-ends.
    This was already a big download so I don't know about the 4 hour zazenkai. Besides sitting longer will there be differences ?
    Thank-you all for helping me,

Sylvie
    Hi Sylvie,

At the 4-hour Zazenkai, we chant some other good chants ... like the "Identity of Relative and Absolute" and the "Metta Chant" of Loving Kindness. I offer a talk. But, most vitally, more Zazen!

You can see the schedule here ...

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2232

Gassho, Jundo

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo
    I have experience that, sometimes using dowloaders for Ustream, there is a picture ... but no sound. If you experience this, please let us know.

Hi!

I just tried again with downloadhelper... but I can't get any sound, just the picture!
    If someone can get the sound... please tell us how :lol:

gassho,
    Jinyu