Thread: Why Practice day after day.....

Why Practice day after day.....

when....

For $7.00 (plus tax) in FIVE weeks

I can become a BUDDHA!

Stephanie

Re: Why Practice day after day.....

I like the completely arbitrary "five weeks." Not a day, not a lifetime, somewhere in between. You have to practice for five weeks, but after that, you're set. This is some new school in between the sudden and gradual schools, I guess :lol:

I think there's a part of all of us that thinks that way, though, even though it looks absurd to us when spelled out so plainly and concretely.

In other words: What's the difference between thinking you can "get it" in a day, or in five weeks, or in a lifetime of practice? Any such thought is based on the notion of "putting your time in" and "getting something out of it." Truth is that there's no amount of time it takes!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie
    I like the completely arbitrary "five weeks." Not a day, not a lifetime, somewhere in between. You have to practice for five weeks, but after that, you're set.
    LOLZ. :mrgreen:

To be fair to the author. Some of the stuff he writes is not that far from what you see in Tricycle Magazine vis a vis psychology and Buddhism. But his footnotes are bit funky. One of them had to with gaining weight while meditating. Since our muscles relax and you start not too worry about appearances, you gain weight. He claims this is why there are depictions of Buddha as a chunky dude.

I had to order it ...

And if it is all that it purports to be, we'll be changing how we do things around here, then closing down next month. 8)

Gassho, J