Thread: New Year, New Start

New Year, New Start

Hi all;

I was thinking that since we have a new year approaching, why not bring it with a great big sit (yes, I said "sit"). Maybe along the line of Jundo's post (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=671), but for only 24 hours. I'm sure we have enough people here at Treeleaf that we could pull it off for one day. What do you think?

-Jim
    Ontario, Canada

Re: New Year, New Start

I'm interested.

Ron

sit for 24 hours straight?

I would but I don't think I could go that long, being a noob and all...

Hi Ezzirah;

I didn't mean that each of us should marathon for 24 hours, I meant to suggest that we each take about 30 mins to an hour online so that 24 hours straight is covered!
    Sometimes I don't say what I mean so good!

-Jim

I've booked an hour to start us off - I'm thinking 25 sitting, 10 walking, 25 sitting.

Whaddya think? Are you in for something like that?

-Jim

Aight im in!! mine will be later in the evening (see schedule-thing-a-ma-jig)

Gassho
    Shohei

I will try to get in there somewhere. Save room.

I'm in too...figure I'll start with 30 mins and see if I can take another slot after that.

Great idea!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Hello all,

I'm in too...I've scheduled a 30min sit starting at 9 or 9:30 (can't remember). I too may sit for longer if I can. Great idea Jim - what a wonderful way to start the new year off!

Gassho,
    Kelly (Jinmei)

I'll try and fit in somewhere. I have to work around my kids and all the college football games. I'm looking forward to another year at Treeleaf.

Ron

I like the idea a lot. Are you thinking to cover all of the 31st? I'm more or less committed all day, from 6am EST to 12:30am (when my wife and I conclude our own special little meditation), but I could sign up for early morning on January 1st.

Hi Scott;
    I was thinking Jan 1st from midnight to midnight. I never thought of actually going across the transition time! Good one though!
    -Jim

Quote Originally Posted by scott
    I like the idea a lot. Are you thinking to cover all of the 31st? I'm more or less committed all day, from 6am EST to 12:30am (when my wife and I conclude our own special little meditation), but I could sign up for early morning on January 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy_Zen
    I never thought of actually going across the transition time!
    I first did it by accident in Oklahoma in 1973/1974, and it was a wonderful experience. We do so most years, starting with singing/chanting at 11:30. Anyway, I'll try to be awake early morning EST on the 1st. See you around the Zendo.

Thanks ... Scott

I just booked from 8-8:30 am (I need that morning joe before I sit) on the 1st.

I never done anything like this before, this is exciting! Now I need to figure out how to use the webcam thingy.

Metta,
    Ezz

I will try to fit in at least 30 minutes. Not sure what my schedule is for the next 24 hours as we may have guests if they are well enough. Lot of sickness going round the family at the moment.

Daiku.

Happy New Year to all and thanks to everyone who took part in the "New Year's Sit". It helped me to form a sense of community and it inspires me to continue in my practice.

Sincerely,
    -Jim