Thread: Sitting Schedule

Sitting Schedule

This may seem like a silly question, but what's the deal with the "Sitting Schedule" listed in the Zendo section? I look at it, but can't figure out what to with it.

-Jim

Re: Sitting Schedule

Hey Jim,

You can use it to let everyone know you'll be sitting at a particular time. First, you have to adjust it to your timezone with the "Change Your Timezone" link towards the top in green. Once that's adjusted, you click "book" next to an available timeslot.

That make sense>

Gassho,
    Dosho

Thanks Dosho;

So the idea is that if others are are sitting at the same time, no matter where they are in the world, it's like a little sitting group? Is that also the idea of the meeting hall? My camera activates when I go there. If others are also online, sitting, can we view each other?

-Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy_Zen
    Thanks Dosho;

So the idea is that if others are are sitting at the same time, no matter where they are in the world, it's like a little sitting group? Is that also the idea of the meeting hall? My camera activates when I go there. If others are also online, sitting, can we view each other?

-Jim
    Hi Jim,

Welcome again.

That's right. Some folks in the Sangha like to sit together with others, seeing each other sometimes with the eye.

Some folks like to sit with others, seeing each other just with the heart.

You can do both around here.

Gassho, Jundo

PS - Someday, I promise you a "Treeleaf Zazen Holodeck", where we can all sit together as 3d Holograms. 8) Met a scientist here in Tsukuba working on a prototype ... not far off.

Ah...
    I get it! Thank you so much.

Ah...
    I get it! Thank you so much.
    Someday, I promise you a "Treeleaf Zazen Holodeck", where we can all sit together as 3d Holograms. 8) Met a scientist here in Tsukuba (big science town in Japan where I live) working on a prototype ... not too far off in the future.

A Treeleaf Holodeck? Man, I remember when the sliding doors in the old Star Trek series was fantastical! Imagine a 3D holodeck sitting! Boils the brain into tea!

-Jim

By the way Jundo;

You said you met a scientist in Tsukoba - isn't a tsukoba a very small garden - my Japanese is very sparse and sketchy!

-Jim

By the way Jundo;

You said you met a scientist in Tsukoba - isn't a tsukoba a very small garden - my Japanese is very sparse and sketchy!

-Jim
    Ah, you must mean a "tsukubai" (the Kanji characters for that are ??) ...

Our town is Tsukuba (?? or ???, different meaning and people argue about what it actually comes from). A tsukubai is "A low wash basin used in a tea garden. One has to stoop down to use the basin, hence the name. Before guests enter a tea ceremony room, they must wash their hands and rinse their mouths."

There happens to be a small tsukubai in the garden of Treeleaf Tsukuba.

Gassho, Jundo