Thread: smoke alarm = kyosaku?

smoke alarm = kyosaku?

Hi all,

So, yesterday morning I was sitting as usual (that is to say struggling with random thoughts, trying not to follow them, trying not to try, trying to not try to try, etc.). My wife Lizzy was taking a shower. As happens from time to time the steam set off the smoke alarm. Bang! With this rather monumental disturbance my concentration, um, or letting go, or something or other, shifted and I was able to drop thoughts and just sit. For a short time, not profound, but much, much closer to that "clear blue sky".

Perhaps I should ask Liz to put on the industrial hearing protection and set the darn thing off occasionally :wink: .

Has anyone had a similar disturbance = help moment?

Best,

m

Re: smoke alarm = kyosaku?

Quote Originally Posted by mark
    Hi all,

So, yesterday morning I was sitting as usual (that is to say struggling with random thoughts, trying not to follow them, trying not to try, trying to not try to try, etc.). My wife Lizzy was taking a shower. As happens from time to time the steam set off the smoke alarm. Bang! With this rather monumental disturbance my concentration, um, or letting go, or something or other, shifted and I was able to drop thoughts and just sit. For a short time, not profound, but much, much closer to that "clear blue sky".

Perhaps I should ask Liz to put on the industrial hearing protection and set the darn thing off occasionally :wink: .

Has anyone had a similar disturbance = help moment?

Best,

m
    Well, I also advise to "just let the clouds (of thought) drift by and out of mind" ... and they might set off the smoke detector too! :?