Thread: Retreat was awesome

Retreat was awesome

Thanks Jundo and Taigu for a lovely retreat. Hope you two are feeling better.

Dave _/_

Re: Retreat was awesome

Yes indeed, Thank you Jundo, Taigu, the cat and everyone who was present ... and not present today, a wonderful close of Ango.
    Deep bow to all,
    Nadi

Ohh that crazy Tin Tin. At one point one of my kitties was trying to talk to him through the door. Made me laugh. The first night my wife thought one of our cats got shut in her bedroom.

Due to sleepiness and technological woes I missed the last 3 hours or so.*sigh* Will check out the vids over the next few days.

Dave _/_

Quote Originally Posted by ZenDave
    Thanks Jundo and Taigu for a lovely retreat. Hope you two are feeling better.

Dave _/_
    I'll second that...not sure who's voice is the most hoarse: Jundo, Taigu, or Tin Tin.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Ehehehe..Tin Tin was still goin like a champ last I heard.

Thank you so much Jundo & Taigu for the excellent retreat.. even with my WIFI issues. I wish you both a speedy recovery from your colds!

Not planned was:
    getting asked to start a job the day after I interviewed...
    having to borrow WIFI to attend.

Master Tin Tin is a hit with both my cats. They did not understand that Oryoki meant that they were not to eat off my little table. I suspect I also ate a little cat hair.. I've been coughing up hairballs!

~Gassho~

LindaW

Hello all,

Thanks indeed to Jundo and Taigu! Hope you are both feeling better. I did a combo of recorded and live…finished tonight (Sunday). It was a nice break chatting with Linda, Dosho, Luis, and Shohei. I was greatly encouraged by ZenDave as every time I turned on my web cam I saw him slogging away in the Zen Hall….my web cam kept giving my problems so I eventually turned it off. I will write more about the experience when I have time.

Gassho,
    BrianW

Gassho to all!

Tintin is a very good example of how you really want to practice and get into the Zendo!
    It was truly wonderful to sit with all of you.
    Off to Osaka again today, busy Tokyo, Shinkansen...
    I will soon post vids about sitting, some directions as to how to sit and what to inhibit when sitting.

Take great care

gassho

Taigu (not jundo for I am using his computer, anyway...)

indeed Thank you Jundo and Taigu!
    I caught the part where tin tin "entered the zendo" haha gateless barrier indeed! take that wall

Gassho
    Shohei

What a wonderful experience. This retreat was "perfectly imperfect" as our two teachers said, and at times a little painful. I kept moving from zafu to chair and back and forth when I needed to. Sorry for all the noise Jundo!!!! It was great to just sit and to know that so many of you were doing the same, and perhaps even at the same moments that I was; although that reallt didn't matter. I totally forgot I was on the recordings until Jundo reminded me to go to the next recording.

I had only one glitch and that was right at the beginning. On Saturday morning no matter how I tried when I clicked on the first recorded entry for that day, I was sent to the Samu recording for Saturday, when Taigu first arrived. I tried four or five times and then just gave up and stared the Retreat with the second unit. All the rest worked fine.

For Jukai I will have my web-cam installed and go live...whatever time it is!!!

Thanks Jundo and Taigu, or the Whisperin' Wiseguys, as they came to be as the weekend progressed. Thanks for a wonderful experience.

Gassho,

Denis

I think all the mistakes were wonderful ! Made me smile and added a relaxing tone.

And Taigu, the chanting was amazing.

Dave _/_

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrillos
    I had only one glitch and that was right at the beginning. On Saturday morning no matter how I tried when I clicked on the first recorded entry for that day, I was sent to the Samu recording for Saturday, when Taigu first arrived. I tried four or five times and then just gave up and stared the Retreat with the second unit. All the rest worked fine.
    Thank you for pointing this out, Denis. I fixed the link.

And you and everyone for sitting together yesterday. Gassho, J

Thank you.

_/_ Igor

Thanks to everyone! :mrgreen:

Gassho,

Luis

Quote Originally Posted by Undo
    I was also in the live zendo but could not get my camera working so was just a photo of a mantis shrimp larva (if anyone was wondering what the blue alien thing was there that was me )
    Ahhh that's what that was. First time I was in the Zen Hall so wasn't sure if that icon just pops up. Nice to hear you were with us...even if in a different form.

Gassho,
    BrianW

Thank you Taigu and Jundo
    It was good to sit and now I know who was the shrimp lava ... sitting beside me or better hanging in the air

Gassho

Joris

LOL and here I thought the "blue alien thingy" was Dosho. I was the ManyCam box often seen next to the "blue alien thingy".

Quote Originally Posted by ZenDave
    LOL and here I thought the "blue alien thingy" was Dosho. I was the ManyCam box often seen next to the "blue alien thingy".
    I was wondering who that was when I was in there...my netbook just didn't like me having the stream and my cam running at the same time.

hello all,

I finished my two-day retreat late last evening...but still, with you all! It was absolutely beautiful!

Thank you all for your committment to this Sangha, it is wonderful to be part of this group. I found that it was a completely different experience than last year, as it should have been. I was more relaxed and focused this year. I didn't have as many troubles sitting for the longer stretches of time - that comes with practice I know. I'm sure our Ango period helped me with that as well. Anyone else feel the same?

Jundo and Taigu - thank you both for all your efforts, sacrifices and humor. You are both appreciated beyond words. _/_ . May this day find you both feeling a little better!

Gassho to all,
    Kelly (Jinmei)

Sorry :? I made a mistake ...

Quote Originally Posted by KellyRok
    I was more relaxed and focused this year. I didn't have as many troubles sitting for the longer stretches of time - that comes with practice I know. I'm sure our Ango period helped me with that as well. Anyone else feel the same?
    Yeah! It's true that the retreat at the end of the Ango period was a very good experience, and it wouldn't be the same at all without the Ango... Personally, it allowed me to enter slowly in the good conditions for the retreat...
    I can't compare with last year, I did last year's retreat but only the recorded version, and I wasn't really involved in the sangha, so i didn't feel the same pleasure i feeled this year when sitting with you folks!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyRok
    Jundo and Taigu - thank you both for all your efforts, sacrifices and humor. You are both appreciated beyond words. _/_ . May this day find you both feeling a little better!
    Nothing to had... I'm SURE everyone feels the same!

Gassho,

Luis

it was end of the school year, which meant tests to prepre and oral tests to administer, lots of running around, but hopefully the next one will come up at a better time..
    gassho

Quote Originally Posted by bayamo
    it was end of the school year, which meant tests to prepre and oral tests to administer, lots of running around, but hopefully the next one will come up at a better time..
    gassho
    Hi Bayamo,

The wonderful thing about this "recorded for sitting" retreat ... you can sit it any time you have some time!

Just finished my retreat last night, slept in late this morning and then listened to this conversation in my head as I lay in bed:
    Do I HAVE to do zazen today?
    Yes
    But I just did TWO WHOLE DAYS of it
    So?
    So that means I should get a day off, right?
    You know it doesn't
    I knowwwww
    C'mon, it's good for you
    I knowwwwww

So I got up and sat more zazen, only to discover I am still hopelessly deluded.
    And yet, somehow I am not...
    Hopeless, that is.

My dog could not figure out where the cat was :P

Quote Originally Posted by AlanLa
    Just finished my retreat last night, slept in late this morning and then listened to this conversation in my head as I lay in bed:
    Do I HAVE to do zazen today?
    Yes
    But I just did TWO WHOLE DAYS of it
    So?
    So that means I should get a day off, right?
    You know it doesn't
    I knowwwww
    C'mon, it's good for you
    I knowwwwww

So I got up and sat more zazen, only to discover I am still hopelessly deluded.
    And yet, somehow I am not...
    Hopeless, that is.

My dog could not figure out where the cat was :P
    Hi.

I sat some too.
    Hardest reterat i've ever done i think, best one too.
    And neither, it was a retreat.

and getting out for a walk after almost not seen the outside for two days was awesome, since it snowed a lot and There we're snow everywhere.
    Magical, if anything.
    Thanks.

And nothing is ever hopeless.
    It just is.

Mtfbwy
    Fugen

Sorry I missed you in the zen hall, Fugen. I tried going in there a couple times and got the blank blue screen is all, but I knew you were out there/somewhere/nowhere/here with me.

Your post reminded me that after the retreat I took the dog for a walk. It was very cold out and very very clear, so the stars were in brilliant abundance. Orion was directly overhead. I said, "Hello universe. I just sat with you. I am one with you" and then I kept on walking the dog, who was fascinated by a completely different, yet same, universe.

Thank you both for sitting with all of us, as one. Gassho, J

Thank you to both of you. And yes, I love the cat story. The snow too.

Gassho

Taigu

I love dog universes.