Thread: Mountain Seat just came...

disastermouse

Mountain Seat just came...

My left leg won't touch the floor, so I'm supporting it. My leg started to go to sleep even more quickly than I remember in the past! I guess that's what ~10 years of weightlifting and little sitting will do to you!

I think I'll alternate. Some sitting on the Zafu, but then sitting longer on the bench. Eventually, I should be able to stretch out the zafu time.

Chet

disastermouse

Re: Mountain Seat just came...

Huh...

Sitting cross-legged again feels a bit like coming home. I'm doing some stretches after each sit to try to get my knee to the floor without pulling my spine off balance.

Chet

hmm I guess they have not yet invented the better mouse trap . . .

disastermouse

Quote Originally Posted by Gregor
    hmm I guess they have not yet invented the better mouse trap . . .
    Well, I haven't regularly sat cross-legged for quite a few years, so let's maybe give it some time. My lack of flexibility is sort of my own fault.

Chet

In a few days (I have not finished it all yet), I likely will be recommending a book to folks that tells us to get away from the "one size fits all" attitude toward posture in sitting.

Assuming that certain fundamentals are taken care of (such as keeping the back straight and in line with gravity, keeping the butt higher than the knees, and the knees flat on the floor if sitting on the floor, etc.), it encourages us to tinker with the position until we find the way of sitting right for each one of us. If it feels right and balanced, and the body can thus be forgotten ... it is probably a good way to sit.

Anyway, please wait a few days, and I will have information on the book for everyone.

Gassho, Jundo