Thread: Sitting With Various...Things (and Non-Things)

Sitting With Various...Things (and Non-Things)

After zazen this afternoon I went outside for a cig. As I was smoking I reminded myself to be mindful while I was out there.

I took some slow deep breaths.Felt that zazen groove coming back. And I just stood..in the zone so to speak..with various things. The grass...the pond outside..
    Just stood with them, dropping all thoughts of this or that.

I began to feel a loving peace within myself.And after i focused my attention on say the grass.. It seemed like they were radiating this same loving peace as well. Each little blade seemed ..different.. not like a "mass of grass" but individual blades all full of love. Other weeds and such in the yard, all full of love.

I switched my view to the pond, after a few moments same thing.

Came back inside, sat with my computer speakers..monitor, desk. Little odds and ends on the desk. And after a few moments, each thing seemed to stick out more. Radiating this same loving kindness.

Normal? or No? Thoughts?

Dave _/_

Re: Sitting With Various...Things (and Non-Things)

That's awesome! Now can you walk away from the experience / memory and next time you sit with grass, just sit with grass? Taking nothing away from your past experience, bringing nothing to the current...

Other than that, who am I to say what's normal? I'm one of the most normally abnormal people you could meet...

_/_ Nate

Very normal...just don't get too caught up in it or dwell on it for very long, which I'm guessing you already know.

Nate, well we'll see what tommorrow brings.

Dosho. So for once I'm normal? :lol: I actually caught myself starting to get attached later in the day. I kindly reminded myself, "I don't even know what that was..could be anything. Why am I getting attached?" Then just dropped it.

I've had similar experiences but more of a random thing. Not something I could go and recreate a few times.

In the end if it happens again, I'll just accept. If not, oh well.

Dave _/_

I want some of what was in your cigarette .

But I do like it when that happens. Or when things just chill out, like walls and chairs etc.

Doesn't mean anything special but it makes a change.

Cheers,

Paul

When I was in college we used to pass cigarettes like that back and forth so everyone could share the experience, lol. Now days, I guess the best you can do is post to a thread in an online forum, which is fine and, unlike my college method, legal.