Thread: Treeleaf audio downloads

Treeleaf audio downloads

I think this topic has been mentioned a time or two previously, but are there any plans to have audio downloads of talks by Jundo, Taigu or others? I like the video blog but have an old school iPod that only does audio. I really like listening to Dharma talks during car trips, etc. I would be happy to volunteer to help transcribe or manage an audio library for the sangha.

Thanks and gassho.

Re: Treeleaf audio downloads

Sounds like a great idea to me! I used Sound Forge to make audio recordings the series Jundo did on the Heart Sutra and it is nice to have to listen in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkai
    I think this topic has been mentioned a time or two previously, but are there any plans to have audio downloads of talks by Jundo, Taigu or others? I like the video blog but have an old school iPod that only does audio. I really like listening to Dharma talks during car trips, etc. I would be happy to volunteer to help transcribe or manage an audio library for the sangha.

Thanks and gassho.
    Hi Shinkai,

Turning some talks into an audio-only podcast, in addition to the daily "sit-a-long" video on the blog, has been a plan for awhile on the "to do/non-do list" ... which, unfortunately, has not got done.

Okay, any volunteer out there, conversant enough with podcasting, who can guide me though in setting that up? Perhaps we might just use the audio tracks from the "sit-a-long" video ...

Shinkai, your offer to manage the "audio library", if this comes about, is hereby accepted. Thank you.

I do already have a copy of Soundforge here I think.

Gassho, Jundo

By the way ... love the expression "old school Ipod" ... I never thought that Ipods could be "old school".

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo
    Okay, any volunteer out there, conversant enough with podcasting, who can guide me though in setting that up? Perhaps we might just use the audio tracks from the "sit-a-long" video ...
    I have some experience in recording and editing audio-material. But I work on a Mac (with Garageband, Audacity and Adobe Soundbooth), so when it comes to concrete question to specific software (for the PC) I might have to pass.

Here's exactly how to do it:

1. Get Audacity (it's easy to use and free)

2. Make sure on your volume control (windows XP): Start/all programs/accessories/volume control/options/properties/recording, that either Sum, or wav out/stereo out, or something of that sort is selected (it's not mic, or line, or synth, or midi)

3. You might have to make sure that your sound card is selected in Audacity: Edit/preferences/Audio I/O

4. Hit record in Audacity.

5. Play the Treeleaf video.

6. When done, hit stop.

7. Your Audio is now recorded in Wav format. Export it: File/ Export as WAV

(If you want to export mp3 you will have to download the mp3 package. You can find it on their website.

Audacity:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Mp3/lame download:

http://lame.buanzo.com.ar/

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/fa ... m=lame-mp3

Note: If you want to get rid of background noise you'll have to do some further stuff to it.

Gassho

disastermouse

I have a Mac program Called 'Audio Hijack' that might work. It'd be better if the video played in a different program, but you can record from Safari/Firefox.

I think you can even time it to start/stop if you know how long the original audio is. The tedious aspect is the naming. It even records and converts straight to MP3 (or several other files) if I remember correctly. It's like Audacity with more functionality and automation (and it costs money, but not a lot). Also, it records and converts in real time. I might have to look and see if there's a 'suck' program that pulls the video from the web..and then maybe there's a way to automate the recording or at least make it 'non-real-time'.

I'm not saying I can do it (I'm moving shortly to my parents' place and I don't know what my internet access will be), but I can at least try to figure out HOW to do it more efficiently.

Chet

I would mention i purchased a copy of an app (mac) called Wiretap that easily allows me to select any other app including the OS to capture, in high quality, any sound and save it straight out to a pod cast. Id be willing to help out here. I had kept an archive of alot of the old sitalongs and have figured out a way to grab the ones off of ustream (tricky but can be done!) and so for those speacial sits on there i think i can nab them. the youtube ones used now are very easy to download and i think they are ipod friendly if you download the mp4. anywho ill help out how ever is needed.

Gassho, Shohei

Hi Jundo,

I have also used "Download Helper" (Windows...may be a Mac version as well), to capture the sit-a-longs. I have only captured as both audio and video, but you can split off the audio. It is a free Firefox extension, but I think to split into just audio (mp3) you must purchase the full version...which is not all that expensive.
    I would love to help but for the next few weeks my internet access is really sporadic. Thus, depending on when you are thinking of doing this just let me know.

Gassho,
    BrianW