Thread: On my knees and a tibetan story

On my knees and a tibetan story

Hi Folks! I am having a very hectic end of the school year here. By Monday, all will be over and I will have the time to post my next bunch of twigs and start to comment on the kesa. I am also planing a simple and plain retreat, made of just sitting, walking sleeping, without a drop of this and a drop of that and and plenty of drops of ...sweat in this Japanese summer.
    Meanwhile...
    In a very traditionnal Tibetan teaching a student comes to the teacher. He is very keen to learn and study but he is a very experienced robber and has wonderful skills at stealing people s treasures and possessions. As he asks the guru to become his disciple, the teacher looks very happy and tells him that, inspite of his bad karma, he can really practice Buddhism. All he has to do is to go home, find a quiet spot and steal the wind, birds, clouds, the whole sky with the moon ,million of stars and the great milky way. The student is very surprised by this unsual instruction and goes back home to start this strange practice. One week later he comes back to the teacher having achieved rigpa, the natural state of mind.

I am very fond of this story.
    Aren't you?

Gassho

Taigu

Re: On my knees and a tibetan story

Hi.

_/_

Mtfbwy
    Tb

Hi!

[attachment=0]6[1].gif[/attachment]

Taigu

Attached files .gif]

Thanks Taigu.

Gassho

Thanks, Will

And let's be kitsch...

gassho,

Taigu

Attached files

Thank you Taigu and by the way what does it represent (the image you just post).

Gassho,
    Luis

No Kitsch.

Gassho

Kannon, Luis. Kannon. But if you want to know what kannon looks like, just go down your street,,,everybody's face and body and reality are it.

Gassho

Taigu

Quote Originally Posted by Taigu
    , All he has to do is to go home, find a quiet spot and steal the wind, birds, clouds, the whole sky with the moon ,million of stars and the great milky way. Taigu
    Right , must go steal those wind, birds, sky right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gassho,
    Jinho
    who has lots of stealing to do :mrgreen:
    (I knew theft was a virtue)

Quote Originally Posted by Taigu
    Kannon, Luis. Kannon. But if you want to know what kannon looks like, just go down your street,,,everybody's face and body and reality are it.
    ops: Thanks Taigu!
    I know Kannon, in fact I have got an original of the 17th I just bought at auction (I'm still excited because I though it will be impossible for me to get it ) But it is one of the funny sides of being an archeology and history of art student...
    but I was talking about these particular scene with the child on a "circle"... I never I've seen it before...

I like what you said about kannon being everywhere... I only have heard for Shakyamuni Buddha... Like the Dogen's sentence who sounds like : "The rivers and the mountains are the tongue and the body of our beloved Shakyamuni Buddha".
    Anyway, Thank you Taigu for showing us how near are things... far from esoteric scriptures or complicated terms but just here in our daily life!

Gassho to mind and eye opener,
    Luis