In reference to this: http://www.treeleaf.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1692

On the practical side of things, I woke up this morning without the caffeine headache that throbbed in the back of my skull most of yesterday, and truly not snacking between meals at all sucks.

Had a cookout (vegetarian pizza on the grill) with my dad & brother Sunday, and opened up a bit to my dad about what I'm doing. He had some interesting questions about basic Buddhist stuff. I gave him the url for my blog about a month ago, so if he's read it he knows I gave up the faith he raised me with. (I'm not too worried about it because he's always had one foot in the church and one out anyway)

Special note about pizza on the grill: make a slightly dense pizza dough; roll it out in an amorphous, organic blob-shape and grill on one side until mostly done, preferably over indirect heat; flip over on pan and decorate cooked side with your favorite herb tomato sauce and pre-grilled veggies (or pepperoni and sausage for all you heathens out there :wink: ) and cheese, and deposit back on the grill till cheese is beautifully browned on the bubble-tops. For added flavor, knead fresh herbs, garlic and onion into the dough before cooking.

btw, I have not managed to sit 60 minutes yet. 40 on sunday, 30 yesterday. Too much stuff going on, and I fall asleep!

gassho
tobiishi