Thread: Reaction Contraction Whatevertion

Reaction Contraction Whatevertion

Having an experience of wide openness is great. That's Buddha there. Perfectly calm. Serene. The moment. Allowing things to come and go. No worries. Just this.

Just this without insight or practice, might be overwhelming. For example, we have a moment (and we have many times in our life) where it really doesn't matter what happens. We only have this moment.

Now what happens, I believe, is that it's very easy to follow smells, and whatever comes up. Leading us down the same old road that we've always been down. However, when we have some sort of insight into what is happening, we can not get caught up in the same old same old. And use a little wisdom.

Instead of worrying about losing that spaciousness, we might just go "Hey. I was spacious and now I'm not. Still gotta do the dishes. Something like that, LOL.

For example:
    I'm coming up the stairs carrying the groceries, and some students are hanging out, shouting, drinking some beer, etc., things are great. No problem. Now, wouldn't it be great to have a beer? Huh? Sit down and relax in the evening sun with a cold one? However, been there done that. Noticed the want, no prob. Frankly, I'm sticking to the precepts. Whether it doesn't matter or not.

You know how it is. One cold one leads to another cold one, and before you know it, LOL.

Anyway, I'm fine with whatever. Cold one's or not. It's still a beautiful evening, and so on.

Gassho

Will

disastermouse

Re: Reaction Contraction Whatevertion

Sounds more like the precepts are sticking to you.

You'll fall into your grave like a ship overwhelmed by barnacles.

Chet

It seems that way doesn't it? But not quite.

If I understand your meaning.

Gassho
    W

You know what was even more great than sitting in the Sun having a cold one? Listening to the girls laugh, and scream and have fun. Very funny.

If I've given you the idea that I'm trying really hard to stick to the precepts, then nope, not the case. In fact, reading the last lines of my post should make that clear.

You know what was even more interesting? The fight that broke out at 1:00am. Watcha gonna do? Anyway, we each have our own practice, and so it goes. Life is full of interesting stuff and choices, if we can drop the trying. It's all about learning right?

Gassho

disastermouse

Quote Originally Posted by will
    You know what was even more great than sitting in the Sun having a cold one? Listening to the girls laugh, and scream and have fun. Very funny.

If I've given you the idea that I'm trying really hard to stick to the precepts, then nope, not the case. In fact, reading the last lines of my post should make that clear.

You know what was even more interesting? The fight that broke out at 1:00am. Watcha gonna do? Anyway, we each have our own practice, and so it goes. Life is full of interesting stuff and choices, if we can drop the trying.

Gassho
    I was just giving you a hard time.

Actually, I find most of your posts to be quite illuminating.

Chet

We should try as we can to stick with the Precepts. Not tie ourselves up with them, but stick with them. As we can.

disastermouse

Quote Originally Posted by will
    I wouldn't be too happy about the fact that this soft-headed, uneducated, and poorly informed student likes your posts. After all, I like Adyashanti as well...LOL!

Chet

I wouldn't be too happy about the fact that this soft-headed, uneducated, and poorly informed student likes your posts. After all, I like Adyashanti as well...LOL!
    LOL.

I'll keep that in mind.

W