Thread: Feeling excited (and stupid!)

Feeling excited (and stupid!)

Spent the last day or so going over old posts to get a feel for things here at treeleaf.

I have actually been on before but never took the time find out what it's all about in detail - thought it was just "another Buddhist forum" with a lot less members than e-sangha - sorry - hence the "stupid" in the post subject.

I haven't posted much at all on e-sangha in the last year or so for a number of reasons that there's no point going over. I have found none of those reasons in my reading here on Treeleaf. WOO HOO!! :mrgreen:

Contrary to my initial misguided opinions this is far more than just a zenny forum. I am blown away to discover you are a proper sangha - filled with genuine folks all doing the same thing/moving in the same direction. (Amazing thatJukai/Sanzen etc available on-line :!: ) Already I would feel comfortable posting some of the questions/thoughts that I felt stoopid trying to discuss elsewhere.

Anyway, I will stop the smoke-al-blowage and just say glad you are here and thanks - really looking forward to getting to know you all.

Stu

And thank-you Jundo for spotting the gap in the market! Ideal for soemone like me with Tourettes.

Re: Feeling excited (and stupid!)

Im new too.

I stumbled across Tree Leaf when I was looking up Jukai on google. I think an online sangha is a great idea!

Welcome

Namaste

Welcome Stu and Chogetsu!

So glad to have both of you here. I'm fairly new to Buddhism and have been with Treeleaf for about 1 year now. It is definitely my home Sangha. We have a wonderful group of people here both experienced and newbie. I've been 'around' but haven't posted alot the last couple of weeks, just wanted to welcome you both. Jump in and join any discussion. May you find what you need here.

Gassho,
    Kelly (Jinmei)

Thanks Kelly!

Namaste

Hi guys,

Your enthusiasm is wonderful - welcome! Just don't forget that days when we aren't feeling so enthusiastic are good days too.

Gassho
    Bansho

Quote Originally Posted by Bansho
    Hi guys,

Your enthusiasm is wonderful - welcome! Just don't forget that days when we aren't feeling so enthusiastic are good days too.

Gassho
    Bansho
    Yes, it is much like getting married. The honeymoon lasts a while, then ordinary reality sets in.

There is an old Zen proverb that goes something like, "first enlightenment, then the laundry."

Thank you! :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkle

Already I would feel comfortable posting some of the questions/thoughts that I felt stoopid trying to discuss elsewhere.

Stu
    Please post the questions, there are certainly the ones I am too clueless to think of.

I hope you feel welcome here. We really are a very welcoming sangha and very happy to have new people.

cheers,
    rowan
    who need to sit more......

Quote Originally Posted by Jinho

Already I would feel comfortable posting some of the questions/thoughts that I felt stoopid trying to discuss elsewhere.

Stu
    Please post the questions, they are certainly the ones I am too clueless to think of.

I hope you feel welcome here. We really are a very welcoming sangha and very happy to have new people.

cheers,
    rowan

Thankyou all for the welcomes!

welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Jinho

Stu
    Please post the questions, they are certainly the ones I am too clueless to think of.

cheers,
    rowan