Greetings all,

I have a couple of things I need advice on. Last week I went to the garage I've always gone to to get my oil changed. While there I was reading Mind of Clover while waiting. One of the workers asked me what I was reading so I showed him the cover and he went on with his business. When I was paying he asked me if I was "all Zen'd up" and I laughed and said something about it being an ongoing process, etc. I also mentioned that I was planning on receiving the precepts and that's what I was reading about. We then chit-chatted about cycling and a few other things. When I went to leave he followed me out and began asking me about my relationship with Jesus. I told him I'm fine and didn't want to talk about it, he just kept up. I told him I thought Jesus was a great example and great man, but not divine. This went on for a while and I told him more than once that I didn't want to have this conversation, that I know, in my heart, what fits for me yet he wouldn't stop. I kept feeling anger boil inside me. I never said anything mean but I know I was visibly agitated. I have had many issues with anger in the past (and obviously now) and am wondering how to deal with it when it arises. I think this proselytizing is one of my sorest nerves also. I grew up in a very conservative christian church that was full of judgmental people and I live in state where a state senator, the wife of a Baptist preacher, says that homosexuals are worse than terrorists. I feel that 99% of christianity is bankrupt and has lost the truth of Jesus, especially most of what we have here in Oklahoma. Many of my most traumatizing events have come at the hands of faithful christians and, even now, I'm struggling to come to grips with the idea of faith. Like I said, I have a problem with anger but I felt he showed me no respect (I know, there's nothing to disrespect) and it was kind of like an act of violence towards me in that he would not listen to my desire to end the conversation. As I finally left he gave me his card, in case I wanted to talk some more, and it seems he's an assistant district manager for the franchise. I'm also wondering if it would be wrong of me to lodge a complaint with the company? They have lost my business because I don't care to put myself in that situation again so should they know that? Even now, almost a week later, I can feel this anger when I think about this event. Should this even be bothering me so?

Thanks for listening,
Alan