Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Master Dogen Movie

Re: New Master Dogen Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk
    Any special characters used in your name or information?
    Nope, just your regular A-Z alphabet. I wonder if it's because I live in Finland, their system wanted some county/state/something information that's N/A for most people outside US. My friend had tried it for a couple of days before consulting me, so it wasn't a temporary problem at their end either. Anyways, we ended up ordering it from another supplier whose system works so hopefully I'll get it for x-mas. 8)

Right now I think the main subed versions are all PAL formatting ( not the NTSC we have in the west) though the NTSC version should be out soon...there are also DVD players out there you can get that play both no matter where you live.

The version I have is The Japan release Version, so I had to manually add the subtitles myself, and re-render it in a different format, it was a pain, but well worth it. I was actually planning to host a viewing of it for our Zendo sometime soon actually..." though I've been saying that for a few months now >.> "

The one I ordered from http://www.kimook.com is NTSC with English subs....at least that's what it says on the box...I haven't watched it as it is a Christmas present for me. (FYI It took only a few days to get and I had no difficulty ordering online...as some above seem to have had.)

Gassho,
    BrianW

Murasaki53

Greetings All,
    could someone who has acquired the cheaper DVD version of this movie confirm that the English subtitles are coherent?

They are sometimes mangled on Hong Kong/Chinese editions of Japanese releases.

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Martin

Cool! I cannot wait to get my hands on a copy of this. I am hoping Netflix will carry it, but if I cannot find it there I will go ahead and purchase it.

Those cartoons are hilarious!

I had to go back and look,,,
    and then,,, 8) ,,,,

Stop not thinking what I'm not thinking !

Quote Originally Posted by Murasaki53
    Greetings All,
    could someone who has acquired the cheaper DVD version of this movie confirm that the English subtitles are coherent?

They are sometimes mangled on Hong Kong/Chinese editions of Japanese releases.

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Martin
    I saw a version with and without subtitles, and I thought the subtitling good and faithful to the Japanese. I am assuming that it is the same set of subtitles you will see.

Gassho, Jundo

Quote Originally Posted by AlanLa
    I had to go back and look,,,
    and then,,, 8) ,,,,

Stop not thinking what I'm not thinking !
    Ok, I am not thinking what you are not thinking I am not thinking. :lol:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself :lol:

saw the movie today
    must admit i liked it. cant say it was a master piece but it was pretty good.
    one of the nicer movies i saw lately.

Hello all,

Just wanted to give anyone thinking of ordering this movie an update. I ordered from http://www.kimook.com/ and I must say they have excellent customer service. The movie was, as advertised, with English subtitles. The first DVD I received was damaged and would not play one of the chapters. I sent the company an e-mail and they sent out a replacement disk immediately and didn't even as for a return on the old disk. Nice company.

Gassho,
    Jisen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12