Thread: Encouraging Words!

Encouraging Words!

I came across this tonight while reading Shobogenzo. I felt like sharing it with you all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Even if the countless Buddhas in the ten directions, as numerous as the sands of the Ganges, tried with all their power and all their Buddha-wisdom to calculate or comprehend the merit of one person's Zazen, they could not even get close."

Dogen Zenji, from Bendowa

Nishijima/Cross page 5

Re: Encouraging Words!

Hi Greg,

Thanks for sitting with all of us at the Retreat! I saw you sitting over in the corner of the room.

I love Bendowa, and it is very approachable and beautiful. I am thinking of using that as the base for our next Sit-a-Long talks on the blog.

By the way, BIG NEWS about the blog coming later this week. (I will keep it mysterious for now).

Gassho, Jundo

[Organ Music Plays]

Hi Jundo,

Sitting with you all was a good experience, I hope to be doing more of that in the future!!

Yes, I'm really enjoying Bendowa --- it does seem approachable, not intimidating in any way. I look forward to you teaching on it.

Big news about the Blog? Hmmm . . . I'm intrigued, looking forward to your announcement as well.